“New Name Of Hotel - Suites 4 Less/Extended Stay!! Do Not Stay!”

Studios and Suites 4 Less Gum Road
Ranked #27 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Indian Trail, NC
“New Name Of Hotel - Suites 4 Less/Extended Stay!! Do Not Stay!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Unbelievably bad experience! Nasty hotel. I should have known better when I saw the name "Suites 4 Less/Extended Stay (used to be Springhill Suites by Mariott) Our baseball coach booked this hotel for July 4th weekend. Mostly everything was booked up so we ended up staying here. The indoor pool was closed and drained with boxes and boxes on the pool deck floor. Fitness gym was closed and loaded with boxes and junk. Billards room was closed and loaded with boxes and junk. Our room had a smell that was undescribeable! It smelled so bad that we had to move rooms. Very sketchy residents/guests staying at this hotel. It was dirty everywhere including the rooms. Do not stay here! You'd be best to stay in your car overnight!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RoxDaug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. Augustine, Florida, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you like contemporary decor, you might like it here. For me, it was a disappointment. The room was lacking in warmth and coziness. The walls and bedspreads are completely white, with no framed pictures on the walls. (There were some black marks, though.) The breakfast was not impressive. The eggs were small, flat yellow circles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I spent 6 months at the Springhill Suites during late 2011 and early 2012. During that time I was treated like family. I was provided with excellent service and greeted every afternoon when I arrived from my work with a pleasent greeting using my name. The desk representative Cassandra would talk to me on the weekend (Sunday) and make sure I had all that I needed for my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Chesapeake, VA area. I travel all over the country and I have never felt more at home while away from home than while I was staying at the Springhill Suites at Chesapeake, VA. This hotel is also conveniently located to the mall and other locations in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

When we arrived, the staff was friendly and helpful. That will be the only positive comment I can make about our stay. We were exhausted once we unpacked and prepared for the shower, there were bugs in the restroom – around the toilet and in the shower. They could not exchange our room for another room, with it being a holiday weekend nothing was available. Ok, we brushed it off as a fluke however the next night. Once again around 12:30am, we heard loud noises in the hallway. THEY CLEAN THE CARPETS AT NIGHT, or should I say earlier morning. Not only will you be entertained by the carpet cleaning however the conversations that are screamed over the cleaning noises are priceless. Complaining to Management I was told” Cleaning during the day there were complaints so they now Clean in the Early Am hours and I was the only person t hat complained and he wasn’t going to do anything to accommodate us due to the only fact that I was the only person that complained”! This place is just what it states a Cheap Place to Stay. Be prepared with Bug spray and Headsets! The Kitchen is closed, The workroom is closed, the Billiard room is close, but the bugs are open! Come on in!!!

Room Tip: Bring Bug spray and headsets. If anything goes wrong don't bother the Owner/Manager once your ca...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Not sure what earlier reviewers were saying about it not being a Marriott property. As of 8/24/12 the sign and bill both say Marriott. I don't think they could get away with that if it wasn't so. Friendly staff, clean room and very nice complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Arkybob75
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I did get an email about property no longer being a Marriott, so I called about reservation and found out NO MORE BREAKFAST and NO POOL (drained). Kept my reservation, but they told me I had to prepay one night to guarantee. (huh?!). Staff was unprofessional and some lived there... Walking around in lounge attire. Didn't like being greeted at front desk by lady wearing tank top with lots of tattoos showing (nothing against tattoos - just unprofessional ). Service was poor at best.
Some of the housekeepers shouted down the hall... Nice distraction while trying to work in the room. The only reason I didn't stay elsewhere is because I needed a suite and my daughter was at a softball camp across the street.

• Stayed July 2012
wanatah Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I had this Hotel booked since March. At that time it was a Marriott. We were not informed of the sale of this Hotel, and after driving over 900 miles in torrential downpours for our nephew's wedding, we were told this was no longer a Marriott and they would not be able to give us a room as they were booked up solid. As seasidechick301 wrote, we had also called to confirm our reservation, and we were not informed of the change. We were told that as long as we had our confirmation we were fine. Not the case. After many phone calls to Marriott... we finally got our room. They had told us over and over there were No rooms to be had, but then after Marriott spoke to them suddenly they had a room, but for $20 more.. long story short.. Marriott said we would Not pay more than the original room rate...so, this woman who was adamant that they had absolutely No rooms, then asked me if I wanted a room with One bed or Two.... Amazing that someone could lie lie lie and still look in the mirror.. unbelievable. !!!!!! Thank God Marriott helped us get in. They were obviously lied to as well. This new place said that Marriott over booked.. lies lies and more lies...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very sad world we live in. Do Not stay at Suites 4 Less unless you want to pay more and get ripped off !!!!!!! and Lied to .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family