“A must stay hotel.”

Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #21 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was down for two weeks and never have I stayed anywhere that the staff was so friendly! Each and everyone of them go out of there way to make your stay as pleasant as it could possibly be. The food is great the rooms are clean it's just AWESOME!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Meredith B, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Hello,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Courtyard Marriott Chesapeake. We really appreciate you take the time out to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I will certainly share your comments with our team. It was a pleasure meeting you and getting to know you over the past few weeks. You are already missed! Best of luck to you and we hope to see you again in the future if your travel needs bring you back to the area.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Two employees working were outstanding front desk and bistro. Service was over the top food and drink at the bistro excellent. This was my gist visit here I can assure you it will not be the last. While this was a business visit I will be bring my wife here to spend a weekend or two. Rooms, food, pool, bistro all excellent. However the staff is what made the stay over the top.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Meredith B, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Hello BABernier,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Courtyard Marriott in Chesapeake, Virginia. I am glad to hear our staff provided you with excellent service and we look forward to your return trip! Please let me know if I can assist you in any way next time you visit. We really appreciate your business.

Regards,
Meredith Alexander Brinkley

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is somewhat off the path of your typical Airport or vacation hotel but worth it. Good selection of breakfast items. Housekeeping was the best I have experienced. The Weekend I was there there was also a huge party in the conference room, but it was so well managed, it was so hard to tell. The traffic was controlled to lower floors. I was recommended by a previous visitor to stay here and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Meredith B, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Hi Tony,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Courtyard Marriott in Chesapeake. I am glad you had a great stay with us and really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews. This hotel is situated in the perfect location. We visited VA beach and did the dinner cruise on the Spirit of Norfolk. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. I had a total of 7 guest stay. All of our rooms where clean, and updated. The hotel has an indoor pool, hot tub, conference room and a private outdoor patio. Most rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors have private balconies. My room had a balcony that measured about 5x15.. LOVED IT!!
The area: The hotel is within 2mins of the mall, a movie theater, Joe's Crab-shack, Cracker-barrel, Sam's Club, Old Navy, DSW, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target and the list goes on. Also, the hotel is located within 2mins of I64. It took us 20mins to get to VA beach and 15mins to get to Downtown Norfolk. We will surely stay again.

Room Tip: Book early, because they do book up fast. Ask for a room with a balcony, if you like the outdoors a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Meredith B, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Hello,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Courtyard Marriott in Chesapeake. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We were recently renovated in March and we plan to do several other upgrades in the next few months. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I just got back from the Courtyard by Marriott in Chesapeake Va. We absolutely LOVED this hotel. Special thanks to two employees, Cordero and Dixie, who were so kind and helpful and made our stay there even nicer! We loved the hot tub and swimming pool and the room was great! Clean, quiet location, can't say enough about this hotel, we didn't want to leave! Thank you again Cordero and Dixie, would love to come back there again. Lucy and Bob Bosnack!

Room Tip: We had a king bed, room was so nice and clean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Meredith B, General Manager at Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review of the Courtyard Marriott in Chesapeake, Virginia. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your comments with our team, especially Dixie and Cordero. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our Boys U-11 soccer team went to Virginia Beach this weekend for a soccer tournament and stayed at the Courtyard Chesapeake Greenbrier. They made the entire team and their parents feel like we were the only ones staying at the hotel. Every member of the staff went out of their way to make it a memorable weekend for the kids. The lobby had everything we needed when we arrived, it was clean and the staff made us feel right at home. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is surrounded by all types of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Easily the best stay I have ever had a hotel and I travel on business all the time. Thank you to everyone at the Courtyard - they went above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Harlin10
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The rooms were nice, comfortable beds and the walls were surprisingly soundproof. They were supposedly doing renovations on the third floor (our floor) but I never heard a noise. A big shout out to the F&B manager Ashley who went above and beyond to help me get medicine when I came down with the flu. I was here during the week while my husband was working. Nice lobby, comfortable room. This hotel is located near a ton of shops and restaurants. You can get pretty much anywhere you need to go within 5 minutes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business