Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Chesapeake)(Great Value!)
$65
Hotels.com
$70
$47
Orbitz.com
All reviewsvirginia beachsitting areafree breakfastroom layoutgas stationrestaurants and shoppinghotel is in a great locationrooms are nicechesapeake greenbrierking roomindoor poolhot breakfastthe outer bankswould stay here againoatmealstaff was very friendlybusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2010

I didn't stay at Hyatt Place. I was about to book based on Trip Advisor's review when I noticed the cancellation policy. The charge is $50 (more than half the room price) if the room is cancelled 3 days in advance. After the 3 days the charge is one night's rate. This is way out of line -- given the weather in the mid-Atlantic area recently I will go somewhere with a less onorous cancellation policy.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adicecream
hpchesapeakegm, Rich Lingenfelter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2010

Hello! I am sorry to hear that you did not book with us based on booking restrictions. I am assuming that the rate that you are referring to is the Hyatt "web" rate, which offers the best possible rate but does have restrictions. However, we offer many other rates with a cancellation policy of only 24 hours. Also, we do understand circumstances such as severe weather and gladly consider waiving cancellation fees on a case by case basis. I hope you will choose our hotel the next time you are traveling to Hampton Roads!

Reviewed January 20, 2010

I stayed here for two days on business and found this hotel to have everything I was looking for. It still looks and smells new and is in a location convenient to stores, restaurants, movie theater, and a large mall. However, it is tucked away on a side street, away from any traffic noise. There are some optional self-check in and self-check out machines available to use if the front desk is busy. Great restaurant with food available 24 hrs, you just punch in your selection and it is brought to your table. The hotel is very clean with friendly, helpful staff. TheGreenbrier area is a good central location in Hampton Roads with quick, easy access to the interstate. The manager spoke to me to explain the Hyatt Place concept and that they are opening new locations all the time. I would definitely search for another Hyatt Place in the future.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
HPChesGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2010

Hello! I am so glad to hear that you had an excellent experience while staying with us. Please come back and visit soon!

Reviewed October 4, 2009

We loved the hotel's style and room layout. Very modern and clean, and the room was separated into a living area, sleeping area and bath area. We only wish we could have opened the window to let fresh air in. The new carpet smell was very strong, and the air conditioning didn't help to clear it out.
The location is very convenient to shopping, restaurants and the highway. Overall, it was a very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2009

We stayed here while househunting in the Norfolk area. The hotel is in a great location, lots of shopping and restaurants nearby (<5 minute drive). We kept joking that it was suburban heaven because almost every chain store or restaurant is nearby. Some are actually walking distance from the hotel (sidewalks and everything). A 7/11 with gas station is directly behind the hotel. The roooms are large and extremely comfortable. The matresses and bedding are superb. The continental breakfast is a bit minimal, but adequate. But the real standout here is the staff. Friendly, very efficient, always a smile and a greeting. The only negatives I encountered was that one day our room wasn't made up until 3:00, and on Sunday the continental breakfast got a bit hectic, with items emptied out and coffee running out twice. This would by no means discourage me from staying here again or from highly recommending the hotel.

Another plus -- free wireless internet in the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I had been looking for a hotel in Norfolk or Portsmouth but after reading the reviews here I decided to check out the Hyatt Place and was not disapointed. They had an excellent rate available through their website and everything about the hotel lived up to expectations. The room was very comfortable, nicely furnished and clean, and we found the bed to be comfortable too .... a good firm mattress but with a pillowtop for comfort. I liked that there were several restaurants within walking distance and plenty more a short drive away. The breakfast was a basic continental breakfast with fresh fruit, cereal, muffins and bagels, milk, juices and coffee, but the presentation was very very nice. Everything stayed well stocked as did the supply of plates, bowls and glassware, and I found their contemporary style tableware very appealing. Food was available 24 hours a day through the gallery but we didn't order anything. The only disapointment I have is that we were only there one night and I didn't have chance to check out the pool.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple