“Good Property of Business Traveler for Chesapeake city”

Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier
Ranked #2 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed January 18, 2014

It was comfortable Stay for three nights. Compare to India's Hyatt Hotels, its very simple and decent. One or at max two person @ reception who will take care for checkin /out, restaurant etc. Breakfast has limited variety and for vegies it is limited to Bread butter fruit & Juice. For Indian, there is no Indian restaurant in Hotel vicinity. Good Place for shopping as big shopping complex are near by.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I traveled to Chesapeake for work and this hotel was recommended to me by a few locals, needless to say the recommendation was spot on. The hotel is located amongst a variety of restaurants so you'll have plenty of choices, however, I would recommend going to Taste Unlimited next door. As for the rooms they were in line with other Hyatt place hotels but were offered at a very reasonable rate and the service was above average for a Hyatt.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Matt M,

Thank-you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. We are glad that you found value in our hotel and enjoy the location. We also really enjoy being next to Taste Unlimited as their sandwiches are outstanding. Thank-you for the kind words about the staff. We hope to see you during your next trip to Chesapeake.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

What a great little hotel. I arrived late, tired with a cold. I was checked in quickly by a friendly staff member. The room was excellent, perfect for business. The internet speed was great.

I was able to order food; had to go down and pick it up, but no big deal. Next morning, I decided to walk to my appointment at Dollar Tree and received friendly, helpful directions. Also was given a free water. After my appointment they offered to drive me back to the airport.

Overall one of the friendliest staff's I've ever experienced. My stay was short, interaction was brief, but they made a big impression on me.

Thank you Hyatt Place Staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Greenfin1,

Thank-you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate the kind words about the staff. Our internet speed was recently upgraded and we added more access points. From your feedback it seems that it is working well. We hope to see you on your next visit to Dollar Tree Headquarters.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

My experience at this
Hotel was a great one. The king room was spacious. Customer service was great too. Our tv remote didn't work at first. I called the front desk and they sent maintenance right away. The free breakfast is awesome for the price of the room. Would recommend for sure.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great size rooms and very friendly staff! Very reasonable rate of $109. Location was perfect for our needs while visiting Chesapeake! Many restaurants and shopping options close by. Staff had a heavy hand with the drinks at the bar, which is always appreciated!! Easy access to the highway without the highway noise. The only negative was the elevators were slow! But the hotel is only 4 stories, so not a big deal. I will be considering my Hyatt Place locations in the future.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LIVE2TRVL12
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Brian J,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your Hyatt Place experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the kind words about our rooms and our staff. Our elevators are a little bit slow as they are powered by a hydraulic lift. These are only used for smaller buildings so they are slower than what you would experience in a taller structure. Thank-you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Chesapeake.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this location for 1 night traveling from Maryland for 2 hockey games. The location was PERFECT with plenty of dining options & shopping- also helped us with early morning games being less than a mile from the rink! It was an interesting lobby that night with a wedding party staying, a 70's party going on & our hockey boys. Everyone was very nice. When we requested bedding for our pull out sofa it was made up when we returned. We had a minor hiccup with our wake up call that I informed the front desk about upon our departure & included on my survey. Rob responded immediately! Next time we play there I will absolutely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank momsnayr

Dear Momsnayr,

Thank-you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the positive feedback on our hotel and on weekends our lobby can definitely have a diverse mix of people. I'm glad that you had a great time and I hope that your hockey team did well in the tournament. I am very sorry that we erred in entering your wake-up call and I am glad that you set a back-up. I personally read every email survey and Trip Advisor response so that we can gauge what our guests experience. This way we can better train our staff on their weaknesses. Thank-you again and we hope to see you the next time you are in Chesapeake.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had to come to Virginia Beach on business and the Hyatt Place was suggested by corporate. It was a good location, nearby the corporate office and the area had several decent places to eat and shop. The room was very clean, and quite secure which is important for a female traveling alone.

I checked in on a Sunday and had quite the surprise when I stepped into the shower the next morning. There was nothing but cold water. I notified the front desk that morning and was assured it would be resolved before my return that evening. Unfortunately, it wasn't. I contacted the front desk again, they told me they did have some plumbing problems with a few rooms, and they gave me keys to another room. (Why would you book someone into a room with known issues?" I visited the second room and guess what? Cold water there as well! Even after letting the shower run for several minutes it was cold. Back to the front desk I go! In the end, the gentleman at the front desk had to check two more rooms before he found one which he assured me had hot water. Ummmm... not so much. Although it was warmer, hot would not be my classification of it. (Lukewarm?) Surprisingly, the water from the sink was 10x hotter. After moving my belongings to the new location I was way over the entire process. I was able to muddle though the rest of the weeks stay, but had to get up 30 minutes earlier to turn on the water and wait for it to get warm enough to shower.

The other problem I noticed was the WIFI signal which frequently disappeared and took a few minutes to return. This wouldn't be a problem under normal circumstances, but since there was no "backup" wired access it did infringe on my evening work productivity. Again, I contacted the front desk and was told that "yes, it tends to be weak. You can always come down to the lobby to work, its stronger there." That just didnt work for me as it required hauling a lot of files to the lobby.

All in all, the service was quite good, the people friendly, and the hotel clean as a whistle, but their plumbing and WIFI need some serious attention.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Trinity5703

Dear Trinity5703,

Thank-you for taking the time to share you experience with our hotel. We take all feedback to heart and certainly I wish that everything was much smoother during your visit. On occasion we do experience longer wait times for hot water during morning showers. Unfortunately this issue is erratic and not confined to one section or room of the hotel. We just had an engineer and a master plumber come out this week to develop a solution so that hot water is always ready and available. I can understand the frustration of having to wait in the morning when you are on a strict time schedule. We do have hard wired internet in the rooms, there should have been an ethernet cord on the top of the desk. Our contract with our current wireless internet provider is ending very shortly. We are aggressively seeking other companies that can install more access points and provide a greater signal strength for our guests. We do appreciate your very kind feedback on the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We hope to have our Wifi and plumbing match the same level of service shortly. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Chesapeake with an overall much better experience.