“Great Stay!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Stay!!!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Everything was exceptional!! Eminent breakfast, beautiful establishment throughout, spacious rooms, excellent customer service and great location. My family and I were well pleased with our 4 day stay and would recommend this property to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MinG29505
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear MinG29505,

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words and compliments on the staff. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have become a fan of Hyatt Place, love the room floor plan, love the great vanity, plenty of room if sharing, great travel value. The staff are all great, caring, knowledgeable, helpful, they obviously take great pride in their work and the facility.

The room is very comfortable, spacious, does not have a "budget" feel at all. Wet bar, frig, don't recall if there was a microwave, CLEAN, attractive room. Watch out Courtyard and Town Place and Residence Inn--Hyatt Place is a winner (stayed over 95 night in Marriott properties last year, this is a game changer for me)

the breakfast was over all bland--but free, not a deal breaker. Coffee was good.

Room Tip: is there a bad room?
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank bpbeth
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Bpbeth,

Thank-you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you gave us a chance over Marriott hotels. We appreciate your kind words about the staff and your feedback on the rooms as well as breakfast. We look forward to your next visit.
beaufort
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and 3 young children, we had a blast. Very clean and spacious rooms. Friendly staff, nice pool and gym area. An absolutely phenomenal breakfast!! Well worth the price and will be staying here again on my next visit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wayne m
Dear Wayne M,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you next time.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel six times in the past few months. The front desk staff are always helpful. The room is always clean. They always give me the room I request. Breakfast is well done. The only drawback for me is that its not in the middle of the Tidewater area. if its close to where you want to be, I recommend this hotel enthusiastically

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JLB_miles_to_go
USA
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week on a business trip, and had even brought my wife and infant child, who both enjoyed the hotel and room as well! The mini fridge was empty, which was a welcome change from the usual fridge stuffed with alcohol nobody wants. The huge flatscreen television in the center of the room was on a swivel allowing it to pivot and be seen from any part of the room. The morning breakfast bar was quite sufficient, offering both hot choices and fresh fruit and yogurt and cereal. The location was within walking distance of many different chain stores, which my wife enjoyed while I was off working each day, and then we enjoyed easy access to great restaurants nearby each evening. Especially having received a government rate for the room for it each day, I thought this hotel was a great value for the money. Finally, what child complains about a heated indoor pool in the middle of winter which is open most hours of the day?

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Sweetsourtravels
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Sweetsourtravels,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your wife was able to check out the local shopping. We hope that the next time work brings you to Chesapeake you will think of the Hyatt Place. If there is anything that we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I'm one of those types that if I had to chose between cleaniness & customer service of a hotel, I would always chose cleaniless. Luckily, I didn't have to chose. The service was excellent & the hotel was prestine. And the clean & modern bathroom put the icing on the cake. I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank khiarajohnson
709edenway, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Khiarajohnson,

Thank-you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We feel that we have an excellent housekeeping crew and it's great to see such positive feedback. I'm going to share your review at our next employee function as I know the staff will enjoy it immensely. Thank-you for choosing Hyatt Place and we hope to see you in the future.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I love the Hyatt brand, and unfortunately there are no other Hyatts in the Tidewater area. The hotel is one of the newer "ground up" Hyatt Places that have a redesigned room layout than most. The standard rooms no longer have individual microwaves, but do have a fridge and an individual brew coffee maker. The microwave is now downstairs in the common area where breakfast is served.

The new upgrades though do include an indoor pool, Life Fitness equipment and free weights gym, a coffee and alcohol bar down stairs and freshly made pastries and sandwiches. As always, there is a multimedia connection to the TV making doing business work, or watching streaming video via the free high speed wifi a blast.

While the Hyatt Places are not as "fresh" as the Starwood Alofts or ICH's Indigos, they are perfect for the business traveler. Especially those who are staying more than one night.

I can't wait until either a Hyatt House or a "full" Hyatt hotel arrives in the area.

This property is located in the Greenbrier area of Chesapeake, close to malls and chain restaurants, but far from the military bases and the ocean front. Commute time can be anywhere from 20-45 minutes depending on destination.

Room Tip: Get rooms with Showers instead of the tubs.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family