“Not that great”

SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Not that great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

The room was on the small side. Both drains did not work well. There was a bag of rice left in the frig. No bar. Lobby not that attractive. Don't buy anything from the concession area at the left of the desk register - a beer, water and bag of chips was $20. There are a large number of hotels all around this one that are better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Saluda, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Here for a weekend night. Generally agree highest floor is quietest BUT we were in 502 and there is a constant drone above, must be air units. Sounds like a large truck, but it never goes away. Eat plugs worked great. Otherwise, nice stay!

• Stayed March 2014
Lanham, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I arrived for a business trip late on a weekend night and had to switch rooms twice because of smells indicative of poor use by previous occupants. The whole thing got better as soon as Anthony the maintenance man came into the picture. He was downstairs with Misty the receptionist, led me to my new room, verified functionality and didn't hold back in making sure that I was comfortable and happy in my hotel room. I have never seen a maintenance man work so hard and deliver such a high level of customer service in all of my travels. Misty the receptionist is also very nice and helpful and does her job with a smile. Great place to stay

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Anthony was very helpful and courteous towards my wife and I. I appreciate him helping with the heating situation, my wife is anemic and she was extremely comfortable when she arrived to the room. Thanks again Sir.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lamar W
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hello valued customer,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our facility. I will be sure to let Anthony know that you appreciated his service. The staff at the Springhill works very hard to provide not just ordinary service, but exceptional service that makes our customers want to come back.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had several issues when I arrived at the hotel. My room was not ready . The lobby was not cleaned, and the receptionist was not helpful. The housekeeping manager did check on the room and helped to speed up the cleaning process. She apologized. I posted a review to tripadvisor that was reflective of my experience. I also contacted the head office of Marriott. I was pleasantly surprised that they emailed me within 24 hours. The general manager emailed me the next day. She called me this afternoon, which is why I am updating my post.
After speaking with the general manager, she explained that there was a tournament going on that weekend. Our room was previously being used by one of the finalist. She acknowledged that the front desk should have contacted me or at least explained what was going on that weekend. She apologized profusely. She also assured me that if I was ever in the area she would be happy to assist me. I appreciate when an organization takes responsibility for their mistakes. I would not judge the hotel negatively on that one experience. I do understand that they were overwhelmed with teenagers. I just wish they would have told me that prior to arrival.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Wonderful experience. Nice location. Delicious breakfast, beautiful rooms and very helpful staff. Cassandra (front desk) was very helpful and went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was pleasant as well as steering us in the right direction to get to where we needed to go in Chesapeake.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Frederick, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Antoinette is the woman who cooks the scrambled eggs in the morning -- find her, say thank you! She does them R I G H T ! There are tons of places to stay in Chesapeake, and this is a nice hotel, but the breakfast makes it stand out, free, included in price. Plus it's right across the parking lot from Aloft, a more expensive hotel with a wonderful bar. A GREAT choice for this area. Antoinette should get a raise, and the whole breakfast team does an amazing job. Kudos! (They usually have great bacon every other morning.)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business