SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Upon checking in, the clerk, Colby Brite, greeted me with a nice "welcome to Springhill Suites". He offered me a bottled water and proceeded with my checkin. Of all the places I've stayed, this was the best & fastest experience I've ever had. It was truly a "WOW" EXPERIENCE. It exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hello!

I wanted to let you know how much we truly appreciate you taking the time to send your comments in about your stay. We especially appreciate you mentioning how Colby, our front desk clerk, truly made your experience a special one. We wanted you to know that we have shared your comments with the entire team. It truly gives the team a great feeling of accomplishment when they hear that customers like yourself are pleased with the services.

You can be sure that if you are ever in our area again and decide to stay, we will be here waiting with open arms and warm hospitality. Thank you again. See you the next trip around!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

A family member arranged our reservations at this hotel for the Labor Day Rock 'n' Roll half-marathon in nearby Virginia Beach. We logged in to the hotel website to get driving directions and saw a particularly unfavorable review regarding the facility itself as well as the staff. We are happy to report our stay was extremely pleasant. The room was quite comfortable, the building overall was in good, clean condition, and every staff member we encountered was professional and welcoming. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Greetings to our valued guest,

Thank you for taking to time to write such a nice comment about our hotel. We love to have new guests visit and experience the type of high quality service we work so hard to provide. It is always our goal to create a great experience that will make you want to come back and refer us to others. It seems as though we accomplished our goal with your family which is a great feeling for our staff.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a couple of days to go to a cousins wedding in Virginia Beach. I will say that I was very satisfied with my stay. I initially called a day before to have some questions answered and they were all answered by Corey( sorry if I have the name spelled wrong). He was educated about hotel policies and an upbeat personality. This really set the stage for me looking forward to staying and having a good experience. I then checked in with no problem and was greeted by the receptionist who was impressive and inviting. One of the highlights of our stay was however a employee named Tony Wood who came to fix my husband and my phone which would not allow us to call out. He came in less than 5 minutes, fixed the phone and genuinely spoke to us in a down to earth and inviting way. he took time to get to know us and invested his time in us as guests. I really HOPE that he gets acknowledged for his service as he went above and beyond in his communication with us and service....overall it was the staff that made this place a five star in my book thought the hotel does have everything one would need....The breakfast was amazing including the staff (one breakfast staff even carried my orange juice outside to my table when my hands were full- how awesome is that?!!). The negatives ( which are minor) but may be helpful to someone is that there was a lot of dirt/ grout in my shower which could have easily scrapped out with bleach and the bathroom did not have an exhaust.... I hope this was helpful to someone and I do want to lastly say that even the housekeepers spoke and asked us whether everything was to our liking!!!The staff is awesome there. Although my husband and I love our Staybridge Suites we will definitely keep this on our list when in the area!

• Stayed: August 2013
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Greetings to our valued guests,

Thank you for choosing the Springhill Suites Chesapeake for your recent stay. We know that the travelers which visit our area have a lot of options to choose from. This is why the staff works extra hard to make our hotel feel special and different by working to have the best customer service in the area. We are pleased that your stay at the Springhill was a positive experience from beginning to end. The staff and I review our guests comments daily, and we love to share feedback such as yours with the entire team.

I will be sure to give special recognition to our night time maintenance associate Tony - as well as all the other team members that helped make your stay special. Thank you as well for the maintenance feedback about your room. Such information helps us address concerns that need attention right away.

We look forward to the opportunity of having you back again. Thank you again for sharing your experience and allowing others to know how we strive to take care of our guests!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a funeral so our mood was a little low ... UNTIL we stepped inside the hotel! We received a warm welcome from the friendliest staff I've seen! Not just one of them...EVERY one of them! Amazing! The room was in excellent condition and quite spacious! We will definitely recommend this place to anyone needing a room in that town!

• Stayed: August 2013
Penny H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello and Greetings to our friends,

The Springhill Suites and I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write such heartfelt comments about you stay at our hotel. We believe in genuine hospitality and we are delighted when our guests feel welcomed and relaxed when staying with us. We appreciate you as our Marriott customer and for allowing others to know the type of experience they can expect if they visit our hotel.

Thank you again! Please don't be a stranger and come back soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Following a drive through a ferocious thunderstorm I was graciously greeted by the desk clerk at the hotel. He quickly found my reservation, described the hotel amenities, and offered a listing of local restaurants. Room was large and comfortable with a separate desk and sofa/sitting area. Good breakfast with large selection. Staff members regularly greeted me and one member came through at breakfast asking if I had any problems or concerns. Adding this one to my list of favorite hotels and certainly now my first choice when traveling in this area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Greeting to our new found friends,

We are delighted that you choose the Springhill Suites Chesapeake Virginia for your hotel accomodations and we are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. The staff at the Springhill works hard to create memorable experiences for all our guests, that keeps them wanting to come back.

You can be sure that our staff will be waiting with warm smiles and the same great service the next time your decide to stay.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon! Until next time - thank you for your Marriott Loyalty.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a group of 5 families staying at this hotel. The hotel was nice enough and the rooms were clean. That being said, it has way too many rooms for the size of its amenities. With only 2 elevators, it was a long wait. Not convenient if you have young dchildren who can't climb 3 flights of stairs. Pool was small for the size of the hotel. Dining Area was too small for the # of people and groups. Dining area was also dirty the first afternoon we were there. For those that need it, handicap accessible rooms were NOT accessible to people confined to a wheelchair. You can't get past the dresser into the bathroom if you are in a wheelchair. That being said, the manager on duty did try his best to help rectify the situation. In the meantime, my father and sister fixed it themselves. Overall, the rooms were clean, staff was friendly enough. The hotel doesn't have enough public space and amenities to accommodate the # of people and rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello New Hampshire Family,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback regarding your stay. . We appreciate you letting us know how you enjoyed your stay with us in addition to adding comments about how we can be even stronger. Your information is vital to our continued success.

Please know that we take our guests feedback and information very seriously and we continue to utilize informaiton such as yours to help keep our guests wanting to come back.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area.

Thanks again!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just a note of thanks to the team at the SpringHill Suites in Chesapeake VA. We booked rooms from Friday to Sunday for a large family event. The Hotel staff was very pleasant and accomadating. It's hard to find a family friendly, relax and have a good time place to have a Large family gathering. The hotel staff provided discounts for multiple room bookings. They got us all on the same floor and helped everyone with thier individual needs.

The cleaning staff did a great job and made sure to "work around" the many in room gatherings so we could all catch up and enjoy our time together. Extra towels and freindly, courteous, professional attitudes made them a pleasure to see and interact with.

The kids loved the pool and the all you can eat breakfast buffet kept us moving all day. I must say that the hotel was booked full as there was 4 large groups (all family events) and the breakfast buffet never ran out, In fact, the team in the kitchen made sure the food was hot and plentifull throughout the morning.

Bottom Line - if your traveling to or through Virginia and you need a place, The SpringHill Suites, Chesapeake Greenbrier, use the Greenbrier Parkway - south exit on 64. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Park in back after you check in, there are plenty of spots near the door to the elevators....