“Pleasant, comfortable stay. Great location, good staff.”

SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Virginia
“Pleasant, comfortable stay. Great location, good staff.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a couple of days to go to a cousins wedding in Virginia Beach. I will say that I was very satisfied with my stay. I initially called a day before to have some questions answered and they were all answered by Corey( sorry if I have the name spelled wrong). He was educated about hotel policies and an upbeat personality. This really set the stage for me looking forward to staying and having a good experience. I then checked in with no problem and was greeted by the receptionist who was impressive and inviting. One of the highlights of our stay was however a employee named Tony Wood who came to fix my husband and my phone which would not allow us to call out. He came in less than 5 minutes, fixed the phone and genuinely spoke to us in a down to earth and inviting way. he took time to get to know us and invested his time in us as guests. I really HOPE that he gets acknowledged for his service as he went above and beyond in his communication with us and service....overall it was the staff that made this place a five star in my book thought the hotel does have everything one would need....The breakfast was amazing including the staff (one breakfast staff even carried my orange juice outside to my table when my hands were full- how awesome is that?!!). The negatives ( which are minor) but may be helpful to someone is that there was a lot of dirt/ grout in my shower which could have easily scrapped out with bleach and the bathroom did not have an exhaust.... I hope this was helpful to someone and I do want to lastly say that even the housekeepers spoke and asked us whether everything was to our liking!!!The staff is awesome there. Although my husband and I love our Staybridge Suites we will definitely keep this on our list when in the area!

• Stayed August 2013
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Greetings to our valued guests,

Thank you for choosing the Springhill Suites Chesapeake for your recent stay. We know that the travelers which visit our area have a lot of options to choose from. This is why the staff works extra hard to make our hotel feel special and different by working to have the best customer service in the area. We are pleased that your stay at the Springhill was a positive experience from beginning to end. The staff and I review our guests comments daily, and we love to share feedback such as yours with the entire team.

I will be sure to give special recognition to our night time maintenance associate Tony - as well as all the other team members that helped make your stay special. Thank you as well for the maintenance feedback about your room. Such information helps us address concerns that need attention right away.

We look forward to the opportunity of having you back again. Thank you again for sharing your experience and allowing others to know how we strive to take care of our guests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a funeral so our mood was a little low ... UNTIL we stepped inside the hotel! We received a warm welcome from the friendliest staff I've seen! Not just one of them...EVERY one of them! Amazing! The room was in excellent condition and quite spacious! We will definitely recommend this place to anyone needing a room in that town!

• Stayed August 2013
Penny H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hello and Greetings to our friends,

The Springhill Suites and I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write such heartfelt comments about you stay at our hotel. We believe in genuine hospitality and we are delighted when our guests feel welcomed and relaxed when staying with us. We appreciate you as our Marriott customer and for allowing others to know the type of experience they can expect if they visit our hotel.

Thank you again! Please don't be a stranger and come back soon!
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Following a drive through a ferocious thunderstorm I was graciously greeted by the desk clerk at the hotel. He quickly found my reservation, described the hotel amenities, and offered a listing of local restaurants. Room was large and comfortable with a separate desk and sofa/sitting area. Good breakfast with large selection. Staff members regularly greeted me and one member came through at breakfast asking if I had any problems or concerns. Adding this one to my list of favorite hotels and certainly now my first choice when traveling in this area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Greeting to our new found friends,

We are delighted that you choose the Springhill Suites Chesapeake Virginia for your hotel accomodations and we are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. The staff at the Springhill works hard to create memorable experiences for all our guests, that keeps them wanting to come back.

You can be sure that our staff will be waiting with warm smiles and the same great service the next time your decide to stay.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon! Until next time - thank you for your Marriott Loyalty.
Hampstead, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a group of 5 families staying at this hotel. The hotel was nice enough and the rooms were clean. That being said, it has way too many rooms for the size of its amenities. With only 2 elevators, it was a long wait. Not convenient if you have young dchildren who can't climb 3 flights of stairs. Pool was small for the size of the hotel. Dining Area was too small for the # of people and groups. Dining area was also dirty the first afternoon we were there. For those that need it, handicap accessible rooms were NOT accessible to people confined to a wheelchair. You can't get past the dresser into the bathroom if you are in a wheelchair. That being said, the manager on duty did try his best to help rectify the situation. In the meantime, my father and sister fixed it themselves. Overall, the rooms were clean, staff was friendly enough. The hotel doesn't have enough public space and amenities to accommodate the # of people and rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello New Hampshire Family,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback regarding your stay. . We appreciate you letting us know how you enjoyed your stay with us in addition to adding comments about how we can be even stronger. Your information is vital to our continued success.

Please know that we take our guests feedback and information very seriously and we continue to utilize informaiton such as yours to help keep our guests wanting to come back.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area.

Thanks again!
Hazlet, New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just a note of thanks to the team at the SpringHill Suites in Chesapeake VA. We booked rooms from Friday to Sunday for a large family event. The Hotel staff was very pleasant and accomadating. It's hard to find a family friendly, relax and have a good time place to have a Large family gathering. The hotel staff provided discounts for multiple room bookings. They got us all on the same floor and helped everyone with thier individual needs.

The cleaning staff did a great job and made sure to "work around" the many in room gatherings so we could all catch up and enjoy our time together. Extra towels and freindly, courteous, professional attitudes made them a pleasure to see and interact with.

The kids loved the pool and the all you can eat breakfast buffet kept us moving all day. I must say that the hotel was booked full as there was 4 large groups (all family events) and the breakfast buffet never ran out, In fact, the team in the kitchen made sure the food was hot and plentifull throughout the morning.

Bottom Line - if your traveling to or through Virginia and you need a place, The SpringHill Suites, Chesapeake Greenbrier, use the Greenbrier Parkway - south exit on 64. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Park in back after you check in, there are plenty of spots near the door to the elevators....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Greetings to our new found family!

From the Springhill Suites Chesapeake Virginia, we would like to send you a huge THANK YOU! for your very kind and generous words. We appreciate all our guests feedback and we truly like hearing how well we are making our guest feel. We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel family friendly, although we are designed to cater to a variety of different customers for we believe the that the greatest and single most important item we offer is our customer service.

Thank you again for staying with us. Whenever your in our area, stop in and say hello! We would love to see you again!
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

After moving from another hotel, the minute I came through the front door of the lobby I was sincerely welcomed by a genuine smile, not one of those face ones you sometimes see. My stay has been wonderful.

Great location lots of stores including a mall across the street. Plenty of restaurants to choose from and at least three big plazas in the surrounding area.

The rooms are very clean and spacious with a kitchenette. Separate vanity are from the large glass enclosed shower and a very comfy bed. I did have one issue which was resolved very quickly. The batteries to the lock on my door died as the key did not work. The front desk called maintenance and he, Anthony, immediately showed up and in less than 5 minutes I was back in my room! This place is so warm and inviting, I decided to stay the whole month I will be here in town. THANK YOU!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Hello! and Thank you to our new found friend!!

The Springhill Suites Chesapeake is thrilled to have your as our guest and we are so very excited to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The staff at the Springhill works hard to ensure that our guest feel nothing less then genuine hospitality and we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have decided to stay with us for your extended trip and we look forward to servicing all your needs. Please continue to make yourself feel at home and please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure that all your visits with us are productive and enjoyable.

Thank you again! We look forward to a long relationship.
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice three problems I found. 1) the beds aren't very comfortable I tossed and turned all night. 2) being we stayed mid July it was very HOT! The AC wouldn't go up any more seems like its set at one temperature. 3) we were three in one room and all they gave us was one shampoo & conditioner definitely not for three people, no big deal I asked for extra which I shouldn't have had to do in first place. If you have three people to a room you'd think they supply enough. Anyhow, overall our stay was pleasant good thing breakfast was included.

• Stayed July 2013
Penny_Hunt, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Hello to our valued customer,

The Springhill Suites would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay. We want you to know that we take all information from our customers very seriously and we appreciate knowing both the positive aspects and the areas where we can continue to be better. We do understand how important it is to our families that travel to feel at home and have all the services they need while traveling. You can be sure that we have taken your information and responded to it accordingly.

Thank you again! We enjoyed having you as our guest and we look forward to having you back again soon!