“Breakfast Surprise”

Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Moseley, Virginia
“Breakfast Surprise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently to attend a concert in Norfolk. The room was spacious and clean, and the bed was good. The staff at the desk was friendly and efficient. However, we were surprised and disappointed by breakfast. We arrived in the breakfast area at 8:45, and the food was plentiful. However, by 9 am the staff had taken away the food and cleaned up most of the area. I checked the sign again, and the posted hours were until 9:30 on weekdays. Several families arriving after we did had to find breakfast at a restaurant. I understand that the hotel can serve breakfast at whatever hours they choose. I just think that the hours posted should be followed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle P
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Hello Springhill Guest,

Thank you for the comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. We are so pleased to hear that you found your stay comfortable and the staff welcoming. Please know that we value your information and we do apologize for the time discrepancy with breakfast hours. There was an adjustment to the hours due to the off season demand for our weekday travelers to have breakfast earlier, but due to your comments, we will be changing our hours back to reflect the actual times that we have posted.

Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to having you back again the next time you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My stay was somewhat uncertain in the beginning. However, after being there for nine nights it got better. My disappointment was the room did not have a bath tub. While on travel for work, I like the option of bathing or not. But, due to the full occupancies of the hotel and neighboring hotels - I made the best of it. In spite of it all, the hospitality was A-1. Everyone, working in harmony. Other guests were friendly - as was the locals out on the town for the evening. Unsure of where to eat, suggestions were instantly forthcoming. And, the food was delicious. When you stepped through those doors you automatically felt welcomed. From the attendant at the front desk to the ambiance in their decor. Anything you needed was done. Even somethings so miniscule as setting the clock. They will stop what their doing to accommodate you as best as they can. If given the opportunity to stay their again - yes, I would. I enjoyed my stay. AND, did I mention Location! Location, location, location is everything. Great location!

Room Tip: For an extended stay, it helps having the amenities in your room. Like a microwave, a mini kitchen...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello valued guest,

The team and I at the Springhill are so very thankful for your warm and kind compliments about our hotel and staff. At the Springhill Chesapeake, we stive to make our guest feel "special" We were all very pleased to hear that you felt the hospitality that we work so hard to provide. Our main focus is to do whatever we can to make our customers want to come back.

Thank you again for staying with us, please know that you have a family waiting to have you back again at the Springhill Suites Chesapeake.
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and staff is friendly. Breakfast was OK but I have grown not to expect much from hotel breakfast. Kids are always happy and food is food.

Rooms are clean and convenient. I like the item placed in the room and cleanliness.

• Stayed March 2013
Greetings Mr. Swartz,

We are pleased to hear that you found our location a good one and that you enjoyed your stay at the Springhill Suites Chesapeake. Our team works very hard to ensure that your guest rooms are clean and our service above the best. I am also happy to let you know that our Springhill Brand is in the process of offering new and exciting breakfast opitions, including many more healthier choices and more variety. You can expect this sometime this summer, so please, come back soon! We look forward to your return!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

So, first night I stayed here, I was unimpressed. My coffee pot wasn't refreshed, my sink wasn't cleaned, my cups weren't replaced with clean ones, and my linens weren't cleaned. But the second night, 100% of everything was done. So, fine - someone didn't do an excellent job but the person after them did.
Then, an almost horrible experience was completely diffused by an absolute angel!! Her name was CASSANDRA, and she works the front desk in the morning. I had an issue with dry cleaning, but this woman - wow!!! I couldn't have an issue in her presence. She simply took the issues away. I went to her with my dirty clothes, and she had to tell me that the cleaners had come early, and I wasn't going to get my clothes in the time I had expected. But, she held such a wonderful presence, and took on all ownership before I even had a chance to get angry about the situation... She was truly the epitome of "mother". Her style of customer service is so hard to find, downright impossible. She had no ego, she simply left me feeling so assured that things would be taken care of.
When you're away from home, it is a rare person that can hold that kind of space for you. A perfect stranger, yet she reached through the boundaries of interpersonal relationships and simply emitted the concept that all was OK. What else could you possibly ask for...??
I was questioning my selection of hotels before my interaction with CASSANDRA, but afterwards, I'd be fine with whatever might come, because I trust her. One night of so-so service, another night of exactly what you'd expect from a major chain, but CASSANDRA was the tie breaker. Her simple interaction made the difference between whether I'd return to this hotel or not.
Thank you CASSANDRA. You bless us all by who you are!!! You turned a so-so stay into an excellent experience with nothing more than your beautiful personage and presence.

• Stayed March 2013
To our valued customer,

From the Staff and Management of the Springhill Suites , we would like to send a very sincere Thank You! for your heart felt comments and feedback about our hotel. As you so clearly implied, Cassandra is a rare gem that we are so blessed to have. She is so very thankful that she was able to bring that special touch to your stay, which is something that she is so consistent in delivering to each an every person that she has the opportunity to connect with.

We are glad that you left our hotel feeling the true hospitality that we as a Marriott are so proud to deliever.

Thank you again, Cassandra, staff and I look forward to having you back again soon!
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed here once again (July 17-July 21) as I came to Chesapeake for a conference in 2012. I really love the convenience of the location, the decor and the friendly staff. It was great to see Cassandra and Ms. Penny once again who made me feel like I was right at home. I am in the process of planning my 2013 trip to the area once again and I definitely plan to stay at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier which I have deemed my home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank klriley71
Greeting Mr. Riley,

We are so happy to know that you are coming back for another trip around. As your conference continues their annual event, we apprecaite knowing that you have made our hotel your permanent home. It was so nice hearing from you again. Please know the team at the Springhill are all anxiousley waiting for you and your attendees to come back so we can provide you with the service you all so much deserve.

Take care and we'll see you soon!
Plainfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent @ 3-4 months due to business travel at this hotel. Everyone was nice, professional, helpful and accommodating. The staff was great and made my stay feel like it was a home away from home; I felt like I was staying at a home away from home, I never felt like I was staying in a "hotel". The sales manager Stephanie E was very accommodating and was willing to go above and beyond to help ensure my needs and reservations were meet. I stayed at the hotel during Hurricane Sandy and the staff ensured that I was taken care of and made me feel like a person instead of just a number or guest. Janaee, Cassandra, Tumara and Antoinette thank you for everything and I appreciate the fact that you really do care about your job and the people that stay at your hotel. Thank you! Every time I come back to the area I plan on staying with you and I would highly recommend your hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The environment at the hotel is very clean, beds were amazing and anything that you need the staff w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello Maria,

The staff at the Springhill Suites are so very pleased to hear that we made your very long stay an enjoyable and relaxing one. We know that being away from home sometimes can be uncomfortable, that's why we at the Springhill look for ways to make our guest feel like family. We know that you became a part of our family and everyone truly enjoyed you being in our home and getting you know you so well.

Everyone sends a big hello! and we hope to hear from you soon. Until next time, thank you again.
Windermere, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here. The staff was very nice but the hotel needs upkep. In the bathroom the towel rack was hanging from the wall. The room was not as clean as it should. At ther breakfest the cerel was in cantainers with a lid, you spooned out the cereal. Not very healthy. The waffles were premade- tasteless.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Penny_Hunt, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Greetings to our valued customer,

We at the Springhill Suites Chesapeake would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn't up to Marriott standards. Please know that we do take your comments seriously and we have already addressed the items that you mentioned that needed attention.

We would love to have you back to allow us another opporutnity to have a great stay with us.
We hope to see you soon!