“Second Time Around - Still Great!”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed here once again (July 17-July 21) as I came to Chesapeake for a conference in 2012. I really love the convenience of the location, the decor and the friendly staff. It was great to see Cassandra and Ms. Penny once again who made me feel like I was right at home. I am in the process of planning my 2013 trip to the area once again and I definitely plan to stay at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier which I have deemed my home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank klriley71
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Greeting Mr. Riley,

We are so happy to know that you are coming back for another trip around. As your conference continues their annual event, we apprecaite knowing that you have made our hotel your permanent home. It was so nice hearing from you again. Please know the team at the Springhill are all anxiousley waiting for you and your attendees to come back so we can provide you with the service you all so much deserve.

Take care and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent @ 3-4 months due to business travel at this hotel. Everyone was nice, professional, helpful and accommodating. The staff was great and made my stay feel like it was a home away from home; I felt like I was staying at a home away from home, I never felt like I was staying in a "hotel". The sales manager Stephanie E was very accommodating and was willing to go above and beyond to help ensure my needs and reservations were meet. I stayed at the hotel during Hurricane Sandy and the staff ensured that I was taken care of and made me feel like a person instead of just a number or guest. Janaee, Cassandra, Tumara and Antoinette thank you for everything and I appreciate the fact that you really do care about your job and the people that stay at your hotel. Thank you! Every time I come back to the area I plan on staying with you and I would highly recommend your hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The environment at the hotel is very clean, beds were amazing and anything that you need the staff w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hello Maria,

The staff at the Springhill Suites are so very pleased to hear that we made your very long stay an enjoyable and relaxing one. We know that being away from home sometimes can be uncomfortable, that's why we at the Springhill look for ways to make our guest feel like family. We know that you became a part of our family and everyone truly enjoyed you being in our home and getting you know you so well.

Everyone sends a big hello! and we hope to hear from you soon. Until next time, thank you again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here. The staff was very nice but the hotel needs upkep. In the bathroom the towel rack was hanging from the wall. The room was not as clean as it should. At ther breakfest the cerel was in cantainers with a lid, you spooned out the cereal. Not very healthy. The waffles were premade- tasteless.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Penny_Hunt, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Greetings to our valued customer,

We at the Springhill Suites Chesapeake would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn't up to Marriott standards. Please know that we do take your comments seriously and we have already addressed the items that you mentioned that needed attention.

We would love to have you back to allow us another opporutnity to have a great stay with us.
We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a Marriott property, so I guess I expected a little more than I got.
On the "plus" side, the room rate was very reasonable for this area, the location was convenient for the business appoinments I had, and there are plenty of places to eat supper nearby.
On the "minus" side, the fabric on the arm of the couch was badly frayed, the towels in the bathroom were paper-thin (and as scratchy as sandpaper), and I had to go searching for a Front Desk Person when I went to check out (to be fair, it was very early in the morning).
Overall, my experience here was just "Average".

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Wherever I decide to stay, I always check the comments on Trip Advisors. I was looking for a hotel near the Norfolk Naval station. I spoke to Cassandra and asked her how far the hotel was from the naval base. She was so warm and personable that she convinced me to book two rooms for my stay. I told her that I would introduce myself to her when I arrived. The hotel was wonderful - clean, tastefully decorated, and comfortable; the staff was courteous and professional. The hotel is situated where there are many stores and restaurants nearby.

When I met Cassandra, she gave me a warm hug and told me that she noticed that I changed my arrival (very astute). She also introduced me to her manager, Ms. Penny Hunt, who was just as gracious in welcoming me to the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was great. The staff kept the food stocked when needed. I would have rated this hotel as outstanding, however, my friend slipped in the shower. There was no mat or strips in the tub to prevent one from slipping. As soon as Cassandra heard that my friend had her accident, she gave me a bag to fill up with ice to put on my friend's leg (neither my friend nor I thought of that) to minimize the swelling. Ms. Hunt came to the room as soon as Cassandra had told her about the accident to write-up a report. My friend felt that she would be all right, but wanted a copy of the report in case there were additional problems from the fall. I know that there will be preventative measures taken so there will be no accidents in the bathtub.

I definitely would recommend this hotel without hesitation, and I can see why this hotel was named Best Hotel in 2012. I hope the hotels that I stay at in the future will have the same calibre that I experienced at SpringHills Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Greetings to our Very Special Trip Advisor Guests!

Hope all is well with you and your family, and we truly hope your friend is feeling better. From me and my entire team, we would like to say "THANK YOU" for the generous compliments and kinds words about our hotel and staff. Our team works very hard to bring a special warm touch to our guests. We want every one of our guest to feel like we are an extended family, and we welcome all into our home with open arms.

When ever your travels bring you back to our area, we look forward to seeing you again. Wishing you and the family all the best in the New Year.

Your New Family

Sprighilll Suites Greenbrier

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great front desk service by Ms. Kolbee.

She was very knowledgeable in regards to restaurants and things to do around the area. She has great working attitude and treats customers with respect and honesty.

Thank you Kolbee!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was our first experience with this brand within Marriott. Stayed three nights over Thanksgiving to visit family in the area. (My brother had gotten us a discount coupon from his local coupon mailer; good value.) Decor is modern, inviting, streamlined, lots of glass and bright colors. King standard studio had great room layout, big windows, airy, bright, felt like a small apartment. Cool walk-in, all- glass shower. Bed was comfortable. Heat/AC unit worked fine. Staff were friendly and outgoing. I wanted to give it a higher grade, but I had some issues. Closet door was broken and wouldn't close. ~ Water flow in bathroom sink was so weak, we couldn't use it. ~ Housekeeping didn't clean the room the entire time I was there. Plus, the same pile of crumbs and other debris stayed in the hallway for the entire time we were there; no one vacuummed in the halls, elevator, or our room. ~ Comfortable couch was stained; and couch pillows just plain dirty. With more fastidious attention to housekeeping and maintenance, this property could be great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple