“Supreme”
Review of Downtown Grille

Downtown Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Downtown Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd
Description: The Downtown Grille, located on Charlottesville's historic downtown mall, serves only the finest in Midwestern corn-fed beef and fresh seafood. The restaurant has an extensive wine list which has been honored by The Wine Spectator with the Award of Excellence every year since opening in 1999. The Downtown Grille's lovely architecture and warm professional staff lend a superb ambiance to an already exquisite dining experience.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

this is white tablecloth, get dressed up, and take the in-laws...the braised short ribs may be something "bad" for you, but if only!!! They are amazing, and so is the service. Your server will be very knowledgeable about the wine list, too.

1  Thank amybre_13
Allison D, Public Relations Manager at Downtown Grille, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review - we're happy you enjoyed everything (and those braised ribs:)

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Based on the reviews we saw on Trip Advisor we gave the Downtown Grille a try during a non football weekend. I really wanted to like this place. It's in a great location with atmosphere and decor to boot. The wine selection was great and a lot to offer on the menu. Service was outstanding. The big negative for our group of five was the noise and I mean it was NOISY!!! Our table was right near the kitchen and we could barely hear each other. We asked to move but were told we would have to wait 45-60 minutes for another table, so we toughed it out. Our meals were great but at the end of the night we were hoarse. We will go back, but if you make reservations ask to avoid the kitchen area in the right rear of the restaurant.

1  Thank Ankrguy
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Top notch service! Great food. We drive to Charlottesville from Virginia Beach once a year to dine here and enjoy the area.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loved everything about this restaurant. The service was great, the food was amazing, but most of all the ambiance was so serene. I've had the Filet Mignon (BEST EVER!) and the I believe I tried a seafood pasta the second time around. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Heard about this restaurant from a friend that lives in Charlottesville! SO glad that we went!! My wife and I had a nice time away for the weekend and started with a meal at the Downtown Grille. The menu had a nice selection of steak and seafood, prepared with perfection. I ordered the filet and my wife the salmon. Both were prepared perfectly with beautiful presentation. The portions were huge and the sides we ordered (asparagus and potatoes) also came in heaping amounts. The wine list selections must be complimented also. We would like to thank Matt for making us feel special. The food was great, however the service was unforgettable. WELL DONE on all sides!!! Will be back on our next getaway!!!