“Surprisingly Delicious All You Can Eat Sushi ”
Review of Love Sushi King

Love Sushi King
Ranked #146 of 624 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Reviewed February 24, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were craving sushi and after having researched other places in the area, we just didn't feel like driving very far from our hotel to the other higher reviewed restaurants. We opted for convenience and were pleasantly surprised! Everything we ordered was delicious. They even have a buffet bar with various types of salads, desserts and tuna sashimi that comes along with the all you can eat made to order sushi. The service is excellent and active duty military receive a discount!

Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

Special all day pricing on New Years, 15.99 adults, 5.99 for kids, 2 year old was free.

We are visiting with family from out of town and found this place on Groupon. Went with 4 adults, 3 kids (under 4). I've never been to a place like this before(made to order unlimited). Decor is okay, paper napkins and plastic cups however. Buffet of fruit, salads, and fresh sashimi and veggie (yummy chilled asparagus). Ginger dressing was very good!

Everything else is made to order and unlimited. The tempura was wonderful. Rangoons were yummy. Hibachi steak, shrimp, sushi rolls, ect. Everything was fresh and delicious. The staff was friendly and prompt, although some didn't speak clear English it didn't have a negative impact. We all love sushi and were not sure about this place but it turned out to be a wonderful meal. I had no problem redeeming my groupon.

We will return.

Reviewed December 30, 2015

I've been to this All-You-Can-Eat Sushi restaurant more than a dozen times. The food is always great and the service is usually excellent. In two of my visits, I ended up with a server who did not live up to the standards practiced by the other servers.

You order the Sushi from their menu and for $19.95 ($12.95 for lunch) you can do so for as much as you can eat. They also have a salad, appetizer and dessert bar. My favorite is the Seaweed Salad and the Salmon Bow - I can eat these all day.

Non-alcoholic drinks are extra, but are bottomless. Sashimi cost an extra 50-sents per piece but anything from the Hibachi Grill is included in the price.

Reviewed December 21, 2015

Until the other day this was one of my favorite restaurants in C'ville (see previous review). Uh-oh, not any more. We have eaten here MANY times. Went in for LUNCH on a Saturday around 1:00, had a coupon for LUNCH (buy one and two beverages and get one free)...LUNCH has always been Monday-Saturday until 3:00 for $12.99; dinner Monday through Saturday 5:00 - and all day Sunday for $19.99. THIS IS IN FACT WHAT THE COUPON SAID TOO. So all of a sudden the waitress brings back the coupon and says "now is dinner". Manager came over, we explained to him that "now is LUNCH", but he refused to make it right, even to make us happy. As we left they were laughing and smiling even though we told them we would not be back on principle, and that I would be sure to revise my previous glowing review of their establishment. So sad. The sushi is good, but when I feel like I've been screwed it will never be the same.

1  Thank Julie F
Reviewed November 21, 2015

Feeling worn out one late one Saturday, we decided to try this place in a mall. A Lovely surprise!!! Excellent service, wonderful food. Everything is extremely fresh and well-prepared. Highly recommended.

1  Thank TheVirginian1946