All reviewsgarden roomhot tubdan kathrynaudubon roomgracious hostsbed and breakfastother guestscookiesglass of winegourmet breakfastcharlottesville areab bsgas fireplacebottled waterlittle toucheslocal wineriesrelaxing weekend
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the Foxfield Inn and were really impressed with the Inn. Dan and Kathryn were amazing. Aside from the room which was beautiful there were several other common areas to relax at and converse with fellow couples staying at the Inn tô include both inside and out. The freshly prepared breakfasts in the mornings were very delicious. Dan and Kathryn are very accommodating to individuals with food allergies always having an alternative substitute. Dan and Kathryn also did a great job in making reservations for us to local restaurants and to historical tours such as Monticello. Nestled outside the city this is a perfect Inn that is still close to the city, but out in the countryside making it beautiful. Big thanks again to Dan and Kathryn!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed two nights in the Audubon room and could not have been happier. The whole inn is beautiful and the common rooms extremely comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and the conversation lively. We would love to go back.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John A
Reviewed September 10, 2017

My wife and I stayed at Foxfield Inn for 3 nights recently, and it was way more than we could have ever imagined. Dan & Kathryn have a created a wonderful inn that allows you to enjoy a homely, humble living experience with excellent meals and foods prepared by Kathryn. The inn is very tastefully decorated and there are many amenities to offer travelers, including many streaming services (Roku, Netflix, Amazon Prime TV) and an endless supply of cookies that we may have consumed more than we should.

Our room, the Garden Room, was pleasantly sized and included a huge bathroom with a Jacuzzi that easily fits two people. There is Foxfield Inn toilet paper, artfully folded at the edge; if that is not a sign of attention to detail, then I don't know what is. The sheets were so comfortable (p.s. they're Comphy brand microfiber sheets, thanks Dan!) that we are getting ready to order a set for ourselves. We really enjoyed our guest room. If I had to nitpick something, it would be that it was rather cold in our room, and the fireplace was unavailable to use at the time when trying to turn it on. But it's still summer so that's understandable, and if we really wanted then I'm sure Dan could've turned on the fireplace for us.

The breakfasts were phenomenal and my wife, normally an extremely picky eater, was devouring foods that I could literally never get her to try. Pork sausage? She would never! But she sure did! All the foods were fantastic and we especially loved the 5pm charcuterie/hors d'oeuvres laid out.

From the bottom of our hearts, we truly loved this inn and we'd definitely come back here if we're planning another trip to Charlottesville. Thanks Dan and Kathy!

Room Tip: Don't miss the 5-7pm cheese and crackers
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed in bed and breakfasts for 25 years in many states. Foxfield Inn is in the top 5%. The 4 course breakfast was unbelievable with homemade ham patties, sorbets, and other delicacies made from scratch. Everything we could think of was provided in the beautiful, comfortable room. Just wish we could have stayed longer. Very peaceful and quiet on the outskirts of Charlottesville. We couldn't ask for anything better.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2017

We recently stayed for 2 nights at the Foxfield Inn when visiting Charlottesville, NC. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Kathryn and Dan are the kindest hosts. The experience is top quality including the cleanliness (everywhere), the comfort of the beds and your room, the hot tub, the many places to have a quiet visit with family, and the wonderful breakfast. The amenities are excellent as well featuring fresh home-baked cookies and a glass of wine in the afternoon. We look forward to a return visit whenever possible.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple