Foxfield Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$117
$107
SleepInn
$205
$189
Hampton.com
Hyatt Place Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$181
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$240
$169
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
$161
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$129
$121
TripAdvisor
Oakhurst Inn(Charlottesville)
$194
Official Site
UVA Inn at Darden(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$149
$116
Travelocity
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$134
Homewood
Boar's Head Resort(Charlottesville)
$195
All reviewsgarden roomhot tubb bdan kathrynaudubon roomgracious hostsbay windowbed and breakfastother guestscookiesthought of everythingglass of winecharlottesville areagourmet breakfastgas fireplacefood allergieslocal wineries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2014

From start to finish, Dan & Kathryn (proprietors), made us feel like we were royalty. Upon our arrival, we were given a comprehensive tour of the entire lovely inn and grounds, including the invitation to enjoy all that was provided in the self-serve snack area availed 24 hours (fresh fruit, freshly baked cookies, steamy carafes with fresh coffee every morning among the many amenities!). Kathryn was a wealth of information when it came to our questions regarding things to do while visiting Charlottesville. We had reserved "The Rose Room", and, as promised, it was truly the loveliest room in the house! Fireplace, jacuzzi tub, bay window looking out over the gazebo and hot tub just steps away...and every personal item one could imagine (& then some) within the room was provided for our comfort. Each evening we enjoyed light yet elegant hors d'oeuvres with lovely wine, each morning a most fabulous gourmet breakfast. Relaxed pampered experience that we can not wait to repeat again very soon. Thank you, Dan & Kathryn.

Room Tip: Rose Room was very well-appointed and highly recommended.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband surprised me with a little weekend getaway that he planned and we stayed at the Foxfield Inn. What a great place! Dan and Kathryn were very welcoming and gave us a tour of the inn as we arrived even late Friday evening. We stayed in the Audubon room and loved every little attention to detail. Our room had a remote controlled fireplace, two person Jacuzzi tub, and my husband ordered wine and roses for our room. We enjoyed everything, including the three course breakfast that included meat and eggs from the organic farm across the street and homemade vanilla bean ice cream! The hot tub outside was wonderful and the wine and cheese set out in the early evening was nice to take outside and watch the sun set. We have recommended it to others (my sister will be staying here next month based on our recommendation) and will continue to do so! Lovely, well appointed little inn....we love it! Bravo Dan and Kathryn!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krystal A
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Foxfield Inn! When we arrived at the Inn, the Inn keepers (Dan & Kathryn) welcomed us by our names. They asked us if we wanted a glass of wine, and gave us a tour of the house. The Inn is very clean, quiet, and peaceful. We stayed in the Audubon Room. I loved the little bird decorations throughout this room! Its a very romantic room! The room is very spacious and features a lovely fire place, a canopy bed, a bay window, and a spacious two person Jacuzzi bathtub. We also took advantage of the spacious hot tub outside the inn! Also, the breakfast at Foxfield Inn was prepared beautifully every morning. The breakfast is a 3 course meal. My favorite breakfast meal during my stay was: coconut muffins with fruit, waffles with homemade pork sausage, and then a homemade pistachio vanilla ice cream for dessert. There is also delicious home made cookies, coffee, and soft-drinks provided in the communal kitchen at all times. There are also pleanty of things to do around the inn. The inn is relatively close to the Downtown Mall which has plenty of delicious restaurants to dine at and unique stored to visit. The Inn is also nearby wineries and the Shenandoah Valley if you are a nature person. I definitely recommend this Inn for a nice little getaway.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is our fourth B&B we've stayed at and we enjoyed ourselves. Our room (the Audubon) was very nice with a jacuzzi tub, fireplace that worked well and a nice loveseat and very cute bird decorations. There were lots of nice touches like a makeup cloth, toiletries incase you forgot and nice soaps/lotions. It was very cozy. The mattress was a bit firm for my taste and it certainly was high to get on the poster bed. The biggest complaint I had was that though the up-down blinds provide great privacy and are very nice, they let in a ton of light and there were no curtains to cover it up, so as a light sleeper this made it harder to sleep in.

In terms of the inn itself, they had a hot tub, which was a first for a B&B for us and we were very happy about that! They also had a really nice sitting area and tons of books, games and DVDs. I could easily see spending a day relaxing at the inn and finding things to do! They also had very tasty hors d'oeuvres and wine from 5-7 PM each day as well as a 24-7 area for tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies. The cookies were pleasant, but none particularly exciting with some more unusual flavors (and none with chocolate!)

Finally, the breakfasts themselves were good, not great. It is nice that they give alternates for the main part of the meal, but a lot of the tastes are pretty specific. The first course includes some kind of muffin or danish (I liked both, my husband doesn't love danish) and fruit. Both days included pretty tart fruit, so I was out of luck on that. The first day, we had orange and marmelade french toast casserole. I don't like orange or marmelade so probably should have gotten the alternatives, but scrambled eggs, oatmeal and yogurt were things I can have at home so wanted to try something unique. Likewise, the second day, I loved the asparagus and eggs and ham dish, but my husband prefers sweet meals and got the waffles, but they were a bit overcooked and were lemon poppyseed (again, a pretty specific taste). The first day, we had little ice cream sundaes as the third course, which was nice, but maybe not what I'd choose for breakfast and the second day, they were fruit tartlets, which neither of us were thrilled by.

Overall, it was a nice place, but for the price, I'm not sure I'd run back.

Room Tip: Audubon is closer to the street and lets in a lot of light, but is at the back so you won't be disturbed by guests coming in at varying hours.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rtoblin
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We just had a fabulous weekend away in Charlottesville! Sad to say but after 15 years of marriage we were finally making some time for ourselves! The Foxfield Inn was the perfect getaway retreat! Dan and Kathryn were wonderful! The food was fabulous! Kathryn is a goumet Chef and Dan is a wonderful conversationalist! There is something for everyone to enjoy at the Inn as well as in Charlottesville! We are having a hard time readjusting to reality!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple