“Nice rooms, great breakfast !”
Review of Foxfield Inn

Foxfield Inn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very nice rooms, and an excellent breakfast in the morning. Also a good selection of movies in the common area. It was close enough to town and they had menus of about 20 local restaurants which was very helpful - especially if you are not that familiar with the area. We would definitely recommend the foxfieldinn and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Foxfield Inn

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have just had 2 nights at Foxfield staying in the Garden Room. The room was perfect, spotlessly clean and well equipped. Kathryn and Dan make sure that you have everything you need. A super guest kitchen and complimentary soft drinks, good coffee, tea and water. Amazing nibbles at 5 pm, (Kathryn very kindly gave me a recipe) and breakfasts that were out of this world. The hot tub was an added bonus too. We were guided to some great restaurants through recommendations and would return like a shot. One of the best B and B we have stayed in in our travels through the States.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PatanAl
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We just returned from our road trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway, staying at B&B's along the way, and ending it with a couple of days in Chatlottesville and the Foxfield Inn. Kathryn and Dan have perfected the art of innkeeping. Their hunt country home is just lovely, and breakfast is a completely enjoyable gourmet event every morning. We enjoyed that time with the other guests, who were mostly repeat visitors. We look forward to staying again, too!

Room Tip: The Garden Room had a lovely bay window looking out on the property.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I booked this based on the fact that it is number 1 on tripadvisor. Though I loved our stay, I didn't leave with a the sense, that so many others have, that this was the best. I believe that is mostly based on the fact that I am used to staying at historic bed & breakfasts and enjoy the charm that those older buildings bring. What I did enjoy was the personalized welcome complete with a glass of wine and restaurant recommendations. My husband says it was the best breakfast he ever ate. I unfortunately, had to settle for a waffle since I don't eat eggs. The little coconut muffins served with the breakfast were wonderful though (but wish my meal was savory rather than sweet because of it). Our fireplace had an instruction to "use remote", except there was no remote and there was no way of contacting the owners at 9 pm so we weren't able take advantage of probably the number one reason why we booked that room. I was disappointed then that there were no televisions, I would have liked to been able to enjoy a television or a fireplace. The inn with it's "newer" feel, didn't feel quite so solid (as older inns do) and I felt the need to keep our voices super low and tip toe around. The outdoor hot tub and indoor jacuzzi tubs were very nice. I found a little basket of tolietries in the cabinet with things one may have forgotten to pack...that was a thoughtful touch. I enjoyed the well water in the room and the cookies available as a snack. When I went for a soda, they were empty. Having the fridge though was helpful as we could store our champagne and leftovers from dinner. The bed was very comfortable and all the linens (including the bath rug) were divine. I would certainly stay there again and recommend it to others...I just tried to include the highs and lows for me as I know this couple cares very much for people's feedback.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vjcjenn
Foxfieldinn, Owner at Foxfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you very much for the feedback. We learn and make adjustments to our way of operating using input from our guests. We are happy that you will stay here again and that you will recommend us to others.

We are disappointed that your stay wasn’t the best. We try to fix anything that is not quite right. We do ask for food restrictions and preferences at the time of when the reservation was made. We also discuss it again when guests arrive as you may recall. This is when you told us that you do not eat eggs. We always have multiple alternatives to the “Chef’s Choice” for the day – eggs, waffles, oatmeal and granola with yogurt. Our other guests have enjoyed the Lemon Waffle with Blueberry Sauce that you had and am sorry it did not satisfy you. Savory dishes that do not contain eggs are difficult to find but I am investigating. When you come next time I will have an alternate savory dish for you.

We have amended the fireplace instructions referencing that the fireplaces are not available during the hot summer months. This is because we are trying to be good Green lodging partners and the use of the fireplaces in hot weather makes the air conditioners work harder which goes against green principles.

Our beverage refrigerator is stocked daily with a bottle of water and a can of soda for each guest. Normally only a few are taken during the evening hours.

If anyone needs to contact us after hours they can always reach us by knocking on the door to our quarters or by phone. This is noted on the information sheet in each room but we will highlight it so that other guests will see it better.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Foxfield Inn is simply the most wonderful place to stay. Hosts Kathryn and Dan seem to have the balance just right, fantastic attention to detail whilst being non intrusive during our stay. Kathryn made restaurant suggestions and bookings that were perfect, our room was beautiful and kept extremely clean and fresh, their was on tap coffee, tea, water, soft drinks and the most delicious chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted. This was the first time I have experienced fine dining for breakfast, once again Kathryn's attention to detail came through. Miss this place at your peril.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We travelled from the UK to Charlottesville for our nephew's wedding and stayed at The Foxfield Inn for a week. We have never felt compelled to write a review before but we wanted to reiterate all the positive comments The Foxfield has received. We simply couldn't agree more the Inn was wonderful and we couldn't have asked for better or more accommodating hosts than Dan and Kathryn. As for Kathryn's breakfast we couldn't wait to see what wonders she'd conjure up each morning. So imaginative and yummy. Not only were we lucky enough to sample Kathryn's gourmet cooking but she also extended a very kind invitation for our sister and brother in law who were staying not far from The Foxfield to join us one morning for breakfast. Our trip was a great success and we met some lovely people along the way. We couldn't have chosen a nicer place to stay and would not hesitate to recommend The Foxfield to anyone visiting Charlottesville.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our very large family is having a delayed celebration of our 50th wedding anniversay, but we wanted a getaway for just the two of us on the actual anniversary. We found Foxfield on line and it was absolutely ideal! The Inn and the grounds are gorgeous, the rooms extremely comfortable and the hosts simultaneously attentive and non-intrusive. The gourmet breakfast, served family style, is truly outstanding and we enjoyed the opportunity to meet and chat with the other guests. Rather than repeat it all, we strongly agree with everything written in the review by ajmenze. Foxfield is a true gem and we definitely hope to return.

Room Tip: All rtooms are on the first floor, all beautiful and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple