I stayed at the Clifton Inn for several days in November 2010 as part of a larger trip to the United States. Unfortunately, I was sick for the entire trip with a very bad flu but the staff at the Clifton Inn were exceptional and I'm sure my time there contributed to my recovery.
I stayed in the Thomas Mann Randolph room which was large, decorated beautifully, and had a gorgeous view over the front lawn and surrounding mountains. When I arrived on the first evening, the bed had already been turned down, soft waltz music was playing on the CD player in the room, and it felt like I had walked into a sanctuary after a harrowing few days of sickness and hospitalization in Washington D.C. Everything was clean, comfortable, and cozy. That particular room also has a bathroom accessed via a small private staircase which contains a beautiful antique claw foot bath (in addition to the large shower). A lovely touch!
The chef was kind enough to make me special meals of chicken soup (delicious) and the rest of the staff went the extra mile to make my stay there feel like home away from home. Of all the hotels I stayed in while I was in the United States (including other luxury hotels) the Clifton Inn was, without question, the highlight of the trip. I only wish I had been well enough to see more of the local area. If I was ever in the area again, I would definitely make a return visit. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn