We recently celebrated our 30th anniversary at the Clifton and the staff could not have been nicer. We were welcomed to our beautiful room with fresh fruit and a card, had afternoon tea with fresh baked scones, then took a stroll down to the private lake. Enjoyed an excellent dinner with the best fresh roasted asparagus I have ever eaten while watching the sunset over the mountains from the terrace. It was so nice to relax in our cozy historical room while enjoying the comforts of cable TV, a fluffy duvet, and a large shower with great water pressure. Finished our trip with delicious cinnamon rolls at the continental breakfast. All this and only about 10 minutes from Charlottesville!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn