We'd been driving around and sightseeing for a week so were pleasantly amazed by the retreat at Clifton. We stayed in the "Collina Farm" which is a short walk across the grounds and through the woods. Restful view of lake. Gracious, friendly staff provided tennis racquets. Pool was very refreshing and although jacuzzi jets were not working, the soaking tub was perfectly restorative. Our teens loved the historic touches. Breakfast was a luxury, as was afternoon tea overlooking the grounds. It's not that often that an historic property is so well maintained and welcoming. Good value with August special rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn