The most lovely stay I have ever experienced. The staff exhibited the highest level of subtle, professional service. They were attentive to everything, without being intrusive. The grounds themselves were lovely - the perfect genteel surroundings.
I had a room in the Carriage House - the Merriwether Suite - and I highly recommend it. It is a tribute to say that I came back early from a day trip so that I could have afternoon tea.
Highly recommend - my stay there was better than what I have experienced at the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia, both because of the surroundings and because of the friendly, professional staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn