Some strong pros and cons here. I have dined here several times and THREE times the check has been wrong, in their favor. the last time was this past week by about $40.00. They charge by the number of courses you order and the last two times they have charged us for more courses than we ordered (or had). So, be aware. But the chef is very good and the food tends to be interesting and tasty. I have only stayed overnight once, and it was a very comfortable, pleasant room with nice bedding and sitting area, and we enjoyed the infinity pool. The service tends to be slow and rather uneven, though, and the grounds could stand some manicuring, so in some ways it is a bit overpriced and overhyped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn