I'm going to Yay! I'm a fan it, because as I understand it, most of the rooms are very nice, told to me first hand by other guest staying. I, however, was in the "troll" room ('scuse me I mean the Honeymoon Suite) affectionately called the "troll" room. You might ask why, and I might tell you that, as it was built in the late 1700's and I guess people were a lot smaller then, the door frames were about 5'8" and my 6'5" husband learned the hard way (as in ouch) to duck after he hit his head a few times. As a matter of fact, I ended up hanging a towel across the bathroom door just so it would remind him, in that middle of the night, have to go, where am I daze, to duck.
Speaking of the bathroom, while it is my understanding that some rooms have showers that have heads that spray you with water from many directions, our claw tub did not. It even had an interesting drain mechanism that you had to turn a certain way to get the tub to drain. Like I said, built in the late 1700's...and I guess they didn't need mirrors in their bathrooms then either as the only tiny little bitty one we got was a magnifier and sometimes looking into those is just scary (if you are only going to put one little mirror in, make it a regular little mirror - just saying). They also supplied a hair-dryer, but no electricity hooked into the bathroom except by the toilet (no mirror there either) which was too low for one to stand and blow dry their hair without unplugging the drying...
LindySez: OK...all that said, the room was comfy, the bed was comfy, the staff was attentive, the food was excellent...so, stay at the Clifton Inn, just tell them you don't want the "Honeymoon Suite" aka the "Troll Room".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn