“Good food, good location!”

Petit Pois Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 563 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Chicken liver mousse, onion soup, grilled quail, bouillabaisse, ... everything is excellent!
Good wine, good service and good ambiance!

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Food was good. Price not too bad. Got soup and salad for a late lunch. Definitely recommend the French onion soup.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

The good: food was delicious, nice wine choices, cute ambience.
The bad: terrible service. Not once were my husband or I asked how anything was...not one time. I honestly don't even know who was our server, or if they all just share duties. It was obvious to me who was waiting on the table directly next to us (practically WITH us, that place is small!), but nobody introduced themselves as being the one who would be 'taking care of us" for the evening. I had to approach one of the staff to get a glass of wine, then I had to approach a staff member when it was obvious our 2nd course wouldn't be coming out without some prompting. Very frustrating.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stopped in at Petit Pois during a daytrip to Charlottesville with my wife without any notion of what to expect. Very nice little spot with a simple, but wide-ranging menu of French specialties. Very good value, as well. Definitely worth stopping into if looking for a nice, but not overpriced venue on the pedestrian mall.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is the perfect spot for a first date...really good food, a cute place on the mall, and it is really cheap. I know the last time my parents went there they encountered a less-than-helpful waitstaff, but I've had nothing but tasty experiences here.