“Can't wait to visit again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottesville
Arcady Vineyard Bed & Breakfast
new york
“Can't wait to visit again!”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I absolutely loved my time there at Arcady vineyard bed and breakfast with my boy friend. It was during the spring break and we were looking for places where we can avoid the crowd and just relax. We had never been to B&B before Arcady so we were kind of worried and excited at the same time. We researched about Arcady and places near to make sure that we were going to enjoy our time there. But it was totally unnecessary because you don't actually need to worry about anything once you are there!

Chris and Erika were awesome hosts with there beautiful estate. Chris was very knowledgeable about wine and wine making so the trip was not only relaxing but educational as well. I loved all the vineyards we stopped by for wine tasting and the little cheese platter Chris had prepared for us inbetween. We had a dinner at this Brazilian restaurant called Bizou (best fried calamari ever!) and Erika gave us a ride back to the place. When we were back a chilled champaigne wine and port were waiting for us and we were able to finish our long day in a hot tub.

I absolutely recommend Arcady vineyard B&B for couples who want to have romantic getaways!!!

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
USA
Reviewed March 27, 2010

I surprised my husband for his birthday and took him to Charlottesville. Neither of us had been before and so I booked the Wine Lover's package. A little on the pricey side, but great for a first time visitor. Chris and Erika provided so much great information and it is easy to see why they live here! We checked in and Chris, who was very welcoming, immediately gave us a tour and showed us to our suite. They they both escorted us to a wine tasting at In Vino Veritas, a little local wine shop. You must stop here if you can! We tasted 5-6 wines, and sampled local cheeses. It is a low-key, friendly shop and there is an array of beer, wine, port, cheese and small gifts. Great place.

The suite was private, cozy, comfy and just overall a lovely room. We loved the memory foam topped bed and slept soundly both nights. The Jacuzzi tub was wonderful to relax in after a busy day of wine-hopping and sightseeing. The high-tech, capsule-like shower had a radio and in a word...was fun! My favorite was the heated tile floors in the bathroom. My husband and I would occasionally just stand there and enjoy the warmth - wonderful also because I tend to be generally cold at times; it was nice when putting my makeup on in the morning.

We stargazed both evenings while enjoying our port - and stopped at Monticello Saturday morning for a stroll. Simeon Market, down the street, had fabulous sandwiches that were fresh, obviously locally made/grown, and perfect to take back for a quick lunch before the wine tour. Probably our favorite thing we ate all weekend.

The wine tour was easily the highlight of our weekend. Chris was full of interesting and valuable information on viticulture. I know a little bit about wine, but my husband and I learned a GREAT deal from him. Just a great person to listen to about wine - he even took the time at the wineries to talk about how the vines are cared for. It is obvious that he has a passion for wine, the process and enjoys sharing his knowledge with others. We stopped at four wineries and had a huge spread of local cheese, fruit, chocolate and crackers after our second tasting. At first, my husband and I were worried that four might be too many wineries...but in fact, it was perfect. We had plenty of time at each winery and drank lots of water, which Chris brought for us, between stops.

Breakfast each morning was prepared with great care by Erika and plentiful to say the least. We appetizer-hopped on the walking mall the first night...stopped at Miller's, Blue Light and Enoteca (not sure I spelled it correct). Enoteca had great paninis, but service was lackluster. The next night we went to Orzo for dinner and had the Spanish wine flight that consisted of three wines = 1.5 glasses....highly recommend...it was interesting to try each wine with our meal. Had the calamari appetizer and it was very good. I ended up getting the paella and it was alright, husband got the lamb dish and it was more of a stew. The menu led us to believe that it would be a rack of lamb. We enjoyed our dinner but probably would try something else next time.

We simply did not want to leave on Sunday and enjoyed Charlottesville so much that we are already planning a trip back!

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Arcady is the perfect little B&B for a getaway, it's a breath of fresh air. We stayed and partook of the wine tour (a surprisingly unique service in the area). Chris is very knowledgeable about wine and we learned a lot. The winerys we visited were beautiful and we found some great VA wine! The room was awesome (the entire grounds are beautiful), it's a perfect mix of relaxed comfort and class....and heated bathroom floors what else can you ask for! We stayed for my birthday and they even helped get a cake set up in the room for me. We forgot our camera and Chris was nice enough to take some pictures and email them to us later. Erika and Chris have built a great little spot, their tenacity, attention to detail and hard work are evident, yet they make it look effortless. Arcady deserves the rave reviews I would recommend it to all my friends (although I kinda want to keep it for myself!)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed February 16, 2010

My wife and I have just recently stayed at Arcady Bed & Breakfast to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. Arcady was easy to find and the property is gorgeous. We were quickly introduced to the owners, Erika and Chris and given a tour of the accomodations.We were then whisked to a local wine shop for a wine tasting.The next morning my wife and I went to tour Monticello(Only 2 miles from Arcady).Around noon we returned and then left with Chris to pick up a young couple from a hotel in Charlottsville to begin our whirlwing trip to 4 different wine tastings at 4 different Virginia wineries.Chris, our wine guide is extremely knowledgable about wine and was a wealth of information. We had the time of our lives and cannot wait to return to Arcady. Even if you do not stay at Arcady Bed & Breakfast you may still enjoy the wine tour separately(Arcady Wine Tours).Thank you Chris and Erika for making our Anniversary one to remember.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Northern VA
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We just spent a fun, relaxing weekend with Erika and Chris at Arcady. We were looking for a place to stay that had all of the luxuries of an upscale bed and breakfast but that wasn't stuffy or have lots of doilies around. Arcady didn't disappoint. The Inn is new and has a wonderful flow to it. Erika and Chris welcomed us upon our arrival with a bottle of wine and some delicious cheese and left two glasses of port out for us later at night. We went on a wine and brewery tour with Chris the next day--this is an optional activity and while not inexpensive, the luxury of having a knowledgeable guide drive you to the better places in the area was worth the cost to us, as was the impressive cheese, fruit, and chocolate spread we were given as part of the tour. The breakfast was delicious; everything you'd want in a traditional breakfast but better. All in all, this was a wonderful experience. I can only imagine that it'd be an even better experience in warmer weather. We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
va
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Chris and Erika are simply amazing hosts, innkeepers, and guides. From the moment we showed up they welcomed us, pampered us, and ensure our needs were completely met. As experiences inn keepers, they anticipated all the little things we may need and it is these little touches which make their inn so special. Little touches include, Turkish towels and robes, heated bathroom floors, amazing breakfasts, and expert knowledge of Virginia wine country. The wonderfully designed inn, much built with Chris' hands, is the perfect place to base out of while exploring Charlottesville. We highly recommend a wine tour from them and the inn is very close (10 mins) from downtown Charlottesville.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 21, 2009

We loved everything about our stay at Arcady! Erika and Chris could not have been more hospitable! From the luxurious amenities, to the awesome breakfasts, to a fantastic wine tour, we couldn't have been more happy with our choice to stay at Arcady!! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple