“Amazing Food! Perfect Dining Experience...”
Review of Threepenny Cafe

Threepenny Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Threepenny Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 566 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Threepenny Cafe is the perfect spot for relaxing with family and friends. We feature Farm to Table cuisine using locally and responsibly sourced products. All of our meat is local and pastured and our seafood approved by the Monterey Bay Seafood Watch program. Our beverage menu showcases fresh artisan cocktails as well as local craft beers and small vineyard wines. All served by attentive, friendly and courteous staff. Our patio is dog-friendly and free parking is available in all Main Street Market Lots. Reservations accepted.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My dining experience at Threepenny Cafe was one of the best I've ever experienced. The service was excellent and the food was to die for! There is something on the menu for everyone and the chef (Eric Nittolo) has a way with flavor and presentation. Everything he does is to perfection; his food is flavored perfectly at the right temperature and his presentation is amazing. The atmosphere and our service at Threepenny was exceptional. I cannot say enough good things about our experience. I live over 100 miles away but will drive there every chance I get to try new things on the menu.

1  Thank Victoria S

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I recently had the Caprese Salad. The tomatoes were perfectly ripe and flavorful. I followed with the seared scallops and parmesan asparagus risotto. It was heaven on a plate. We met Chef Eric Nittolo and he is as passionate about his cuisine as the food was wonderful. We can' wait to return.

1  Thank Lynne B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went over Memorial Day weekend and ate inside, however, the restaurant is set up that you get the feel you are still outside. It has a very shear mesh that makes it seem like there is no barrier between you and the outside. It was perfect since it was a sunny, hot day!

The server greeted us promptly and brought our drinks. One downside was they didn't have plastic cups for kids, which made us wonder if they were not a kid friendly establishment. Thankfully, my 3 year old didn't break the glass!
I ordered the scallops which were out of this world. Cooked perfectly. It's not very often I get scallops that aren't rubbery hard from being overcooked. It was a great choice. My husband ordered the burger which he loved minus the hard bread bun. He is a bread addict so it was probably not his choice for bread with burgers. My daughter had the cheese pizza which came on a great pizza board. Definitely could be shared between two kids. For our appetizer, we had the calamari. It was a deconstructed calamari so I was shocked to see a huge squid come out. It was different and tasty but not my first choice for next time. I like it fried.

I highly recommend going to try this place out if you want great food in a timely manner.

1  Thank booblinns