“great option for sharing”
Review of Parallel 38

Parallel 38
Reserve with OpenTable
Parallel 38 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 566 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I love tapas-style restaurants, because it helps prevent that desire to ask for a taste of everyone's food! The best thing to do here is to share lots of small plates! Especially enjoyed the fattoush, falafel, and sauteed mushrooms.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have been there numerous times. Fantastic food although I am not a big fan of the calamari. However the beef the lamb and the pork belly are wonderful. Actually all the menu is delicious. The wine list is great with some interesting unusual additions. The decor is modern urban and roomy. The staff are great and the owner is friendly and accommodating. He is on his way to NYC to cook at the James Beard House in August so he might be a good chef:)
Great place!!

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I visited for lunch and we ordered the three spread sampler and the lunch pork belly "gyros." The spreads were delicious but live up to the small plates name. The portions were incredibly small. The gyro, however, was both delicious and plentiful. My husband found it to be "stupid good." The lunch menu is incredibly reasonable and the food is great. Our server did an excellent job and made a very appropriate, though he is not a regular consumer of red wine, recommendation. Though we haven't been to Parallel 38 for dinner, we would highly recommend it for a lunch date!

1  Thank Special Agent M... T
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I drove 5 1/2 hours to visit parallel! It was worth every minute on the road!!

The wine selection was amazing! I loved being able to drink a very expensive bottle of wine by the glass! Cocktails are delicious and fresh!!

The food was nothing short of perfect!! It is obvious that everything is fresh and well thought out! Creative and refreshing!

The small plates aspect is something I truly enjoy! This restaurant makes you feel welcome! Rather than most restaurants that feed you a huge portion and shove you out the door, parallel 38 has your plates come out as they are ready to ensure that you have time to enjoy every dish and have the opportunity to have lovely conversations with your group!

The chef, Fred, has beautiful and creative ideas that bring fresh food to life!

The owners are more than happy to talk to you and make sure your visit to their establishment highly exceeds your expectations!

It says a lot about a restaurant to be invited to the James Beard Dinner this soon after opening!

Cara, Steve, Justin, and Fred, we will be driving another 5 1/2 hours!!! We LOVE your restaurant!!!

3  Thank Mandi J
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We always enjoy the food in this restaurant. Shannon has been our server on several occasions. I particularly enjoy his sunny disposition and attention to detail such as uncorking the red wine and pouring it so it can open up. We love this restaurant.

1  Thank Lynne B