“Excellent”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Washington, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

From immaculate rooms and bathrooms to the gracious and helpful front desk staffs, I give the Hilton Garden Inns 5 stars (unless there's a higher rating!) The breakfast buffet has fresh fruit, in addition to several other items. And the coffee's great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Bucuresti
Reviewed June 28, 2014

It was a pretty unpleasant experience from the beginning.

I was in the smoking room and the first day I found the door open and a bottle of open, half gone coke on the counter, and it smelled like somebody recently smoked in there.
When I called the front desk they said nobody was in the room for 3 days, so I can only assume the staff use it from time to time? They just said if I find something bad with the room to let them know, I dint find anything else. Not to mention the front desk was a little bit tired and they were messing up whether I had breakfast included or not (which I knew I had), and in the end I finally got my coupons.
Another thing that disturbed me was the fact that I put a tray of the leftover food in front of my door in the evening, the same time as the person that was in front of my room, in the morning his was gone and mine wasn't, I don't know if he took it himself in the morning. At 3 p.m. my evening tray and my breakfast tray was still in front of my room.

Except for the recent used room, it was average, absolutely nothing special, the bed was not very comfortable.

The only good things were that the food was delicious, and the shuttle service.
Overall it was disappointing, the staff wasn't very responsive to the problems and they didn't offer any kind of compensation for the state that we found the room in, or for the fact that we had food piling up outside our door.
For a hotel that praises itself in valuing the costumer and charges at such it was a letdown for me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Overall the hotel was clean and in good condition. The carpet being replaced on the floor where I was staying, so when we checked in the front desk asked that we carry our rolling suitcases instead of wheeling them to our rooms. When I got upstairs the hotel staff was wheeling carts and equipment around on the floor. The floor was messy with scraps of carpet pad and toxic glue smells.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

McLean, Virginia
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The Hilton Garden is on the east end of town, close to where 64 and 250 meet, and not far from the historic downtown. It's got terrific rooms, a beautiful area to walk, with ponds (and swans!), and lots of green rolling hills. The breakfast is a cut above the standard, and people are very attentive. Starbucks is about a quarter mile away in case you need it, along with a grocery store. Charlottesville gets packed at certain times, and this is a very good alternative.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Bruce M
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn late in the evening and was so happy to see two people from the hotel standing in the parking lot. One was obviously watching the lot and it made me feel very good to get out of my car and take my time collecting my luggage with him watching.

The front desk men were very welcoming and quickly checked me in. My room on the third floor was bright and clean and the furniture was standard Hilton with the exception of the upholstered chair in the room, which was small, uncomfortable to sit in and a very ugly and uninviting gray. The room needed a nice love seat but since I was just staying the night it didn't matter. The bathroom had clean, new fixtures and a spotty granite countertop. The shower was not great looking because it had a very torn and wrinkled shower curtain. The toilet was also very short - almost child height. While not being up to Hilton standards at all, the bath was clean and functional.

In the morning there was noise from the plumbing in surrounding rooms but the polite guests who woke before me showered quickly, didn't turn on their TVs and shut their room doors quietly so I was able to sleep late.

Breakfast was not included in the high price of the room and was, well, pricy. If you wanted anything hot it was $10 plus a tip for the waitress and a separate a tip for the happy cook. The cold buffet was $5 I think but it looked pretty cold to me. My pricy omelet was good, though.

The public areas are spacious and nicely decorated and I enjoyed being able to meet family members driving in from another town downstairs in the morning. Front desk staff gave me a small card with directions to Monticello, much appreciated.

It seems that rooms in Charlottesville book quickly and I got one of the last rooms in this hotel so don't do what I did and wait until the day of your visit to reserve a room, because I had to pay full price. This hotel is an older property that was very nicely renovated (no paint drips, crooked toilets, tiles and light plates here) however the hotel doesn't really offer a Hilton experience upstairs. That being said, the public areas are pretty and if you're a woman traveling alone, it's a safe place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My overall experience with this hotel was excellent, from the time that we checked in until our departure on Monday morning. The front desk staff always greeted us with a smile and a warm hello as we walked in or walked past from our room to the entrance and were always ready to help if needed. They also provided directions to and from the hotel to Monticello, a handy tool to use with step by step guidance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Pleasantly surprised at the comfort, convenience, service and quality offered. Along with the comfortable rooms, the available amenities from exercise, pool, lounging area in a great room with fireplace and big screen TV to the incredible hot breakfast selection offered - good quality and tasty eats at a 'super' reasonable price. I'll be frequenting them often in my travels for sure. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business