“Fisherman's wharf in c'ville”

Public Fish and Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
Public Fish and Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Public Fish and Oyster is a full service seafood restaurant and raw bar specializing in fresh, New England-style seafood in Central Virginia. Our commitment is to hospitality, quality ingredients and fair prices in a warm, inviting atmosphere.
“Fisherman's wharf in c'ville”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Best seafood I've eaten since I ate in San Francisco! Oysters are best eaten with no additional toppings! They're delicious all on their own!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Sturn1090

North Garden, Virginia
“Top of the list !!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Public Fish & Oyster is an OUTSTANDING example of the C'ville restaurant scene. Possibly the best seafood in town. Everything about the place is right: excellent staff, outstanding food, inviting atmosphere, good music played at a level that allows conversation and an all-around perfect experience. We stopped in without reservations on a Saturday evening and snagged seats at the bar just as they opened. That turned out to be the beginning of one of the best seafood meals I've ever had in C'ville. It's located in the old C&R building on West Main between 4th & 5th Street N.W. If you are looking for the best C'ville has to offer don't miss Public Fish & Oyster.

• Visited February 2014
7 Thank CaptMancuso
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Seafood Lovers MUST Check This Out”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had heard whispers of this new seafood restaurant opening in Cville, and as good seafood is hard to come by away from the coast, I knew I would want to stop by for a meal sooner rather than later. With this in mind, I made a reservation for 8 and invited some business associates and their wives for opening night. I'll admit that I had high expectations for this restaurant based on the previous track record of the owner, and I was pleased to have those expectations lived up to.
Service: Opening night is bound to have some hiccups, but I only noticed one; there was a noticeable delay in drink service (but I believe this was more of a computer system issue than a server issue.) I'm sure this will get resolved for future patrons.
Food: I ordered almost every appetizer on the menu for my table, and they were ALL incredible. The Raw Bar selections were perfect (especially for oyster lovers) and all four Mussel flavors were spectacular. I look forward to returning to try the other entrees.

Again, if you're looking for good seafood in Charlottesville, do yourself a favor and visit Public Fish & Oyster

• Visited February 2014