“Respect.”

$195.00*
and up
Private Behind the Scenes Wine Tour
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I walked into this place thinking that it was just going to be a gimmicky way to promote Dave Matthews Band music but I was wrong.

Facility: Pristine work area, viewable from the tasting room. Tasting room/banquet room is well laid out, small but well done. There were two tasting counters on the Saturday that I went and the servers were attentive to our waiting behind some other folks tasting.

Service: As I said, the pourer was friendly and attentive, struck up some relevant small talk and it made for some relaxing tasting, it didn't feel rushed like a lot of wineries can feel on a Saturday. The person pouring also knew the craft, he had a discussion with a patron about the difference between French and American Oak. Props dude. Props.

Wine:

Viognier - Well done, perfect amount of Oak. VA wineries have been Oaking the Viogniers way to much for my tastes recently but this was perfectomundo (wife got a glass of this)

Cab Franc - Smooth and spicy, incredibly drinkable and it becomes more complex as it warms on the tongue (I got a glass of this)

Petit Verdot - complex and deep as a PV should feel. I just wish they had sample Ribeye there at the counter instead of oyster crackers..

All in all: Relaxing environment, great wine and great design. It may go unnoticed but the logo is a Pythagorean tree (symbol made up of squares, where the squares intersect they create a right triangle). Dave Matthews brother runs the winery I think and he is really into math.. so that's just a cool tidbit. I bought a hat because the logo was so cool.

Go, support VA wine. Be merry and spend money.

All reviews
"petit verdot"
in 6 reviews
"favorite winery"
in 3 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
in 6 reviews
"nice tasting"
"buy a bottle"
"virginia wineries"

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I didn't get to participate in a tasting here, but the atmosphere outside was very open and appealing. The inside was tastefully decorated. I enjoyed the wine I had as well.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

One of our favorite things to do while in Charlottesville is to visit the wineries in the area. This was our first visit to Blenheim and can definitely say we will not return! While the views from the patio were great and the entrance unique, that is the best part of this winery. We were a group of about 10 and when we arrived, no one said a word, we stood at the tasting table quite a while before anyone came over to us. The hostess had has much personality as a wet rag and presented no information about the wines other than letting us know if it was white or red. Duh! The experience at the tasting table was so poor, I did not even want to take my souvenir glass. Would not recommend this winery as a stop for anyone exploring the wineries in the area since there are many many more with better wines and better service.

1  Thank sailingchip
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Wines were very good. We had agreed not to purchase anymore wine because we have over 400 bottles in our wine cellar, but ended up buying two bottles after all