Tripadvisor
Charlottesville
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews ginger cookies free valet parking white noise machine uva campus turn down service boutique hotel common room sitting room valet service queen bed wonderful stay large bathroom football game beautiful room stayed longer both mornings common areas
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2020

This was our fifth time to stay at the Oakhurst Inn and obviously we still love it! The renovation of a charming building steps away now offers a cocktail bar plus a beautiful dining area overlooking the pool. The guest suite we stayed in was modern, spacious, exceptionally clean and comfortable. One of the best amenities, at least for us, is the common room where you can read and enjoy the fireplace on cold evenings. We always have stayed during college breaks, so it is easy to get reservations at the local restaurants, which the location makes it prefect for getting around Charlottesville. The staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. Highly recommended and we hope to be back.

Date of stay: December 2019
Oakhurstinn_VA, General Manager at Oakhurst Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Karen we loved having you and are glad you like the expansion! See you next time.
Best wishes,
Bill

Reviewed December 29, 2019

I stayed at this property while my husband was hospitalized at the University of Virginia Hospital. Our home is many hours away from Charlottesville, so I needed a place to stay. Hospital circumstances did not permit me to stay with my husband at all times. The hotel staff went out of their way in making my stay as comfortable and convenient as possible during this challenging time. The friendly Oakhurst staff added many special touches which made all of the difference as making me coffee for my thermos, providing easy access to my car, and flexible check-out date due to uncertain hospital discharge date. Thank God, my husband is doing great now. He was always relieved to know how I was treated. We have to return to Charlottesville for a follow up visit soon. There is no question that we plan to spend the night at Oakhurst Inn, but this time, both of us will enjoy the overnight stay.

1  Thank 418stany
Oakhurstinn2019, General Manager at Oakhurst Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

We are so glad to hear he is doing well! Looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed December 16, 2019

Celebrated my birthday the weekend before Thanksgiving. Have a son at UVA and thought I would see UVA play Liberty. This was my first time staying at the Oakhurst and I can honestly say I would never stay anywhere else again. Our accommodations where convenient to everything, our room/ suite was perfect and the staff was possibly the nicest ( and very professional) group I have come across in a long time. Love this place. Would highly recommend. LKS

Date of stay: November 2019
Oakhurstinn2019, General Manager at Oakhurst Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2019

LKS:
Happy Birthday, and thanks you for writing this. See you next time!

Reviewed December 14, 2019

My husband and I used to live in Charlottesville (we've been there while simply working at home or in a studio, on and off for 25 years, as well as when we had jobs at the university), and when we visit now, Oakhurst is always where we stay because of the extremely nice staff, valet parking (a real problem now in this town), lovely public areas and good restaurant. It's new, clean, attractive, and friendly, and the staff will do anything possible to make sure you have a good stay. Also, any noise is very limited compared to other locations, and it's right by U.Va. An excellent addition to the town -- a town that now loves anonymous sprawl and towering buildings, so that Oakhurst Inn is a place that should be doubly appreciated for its understated elegance and its real comfort and convenience.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Wow Ann B:
We were honored to have you and appreciate these words from someone with local historical perspective and urban planning sensibility!

Reviewed December 11, 2019

Private and comfortable room with cozy public space and excellent service from check-in to the overnight stay to check-out with all needs met quickly and fully met. Convenient to the medical center and main UVa campus.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Oakhurstinn2019, General Manager at Oakhurst Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2019

We enjoyed having you, see you next time