“Michie Tavern Fried Chicken”
Review of Michie Tavern

Michie Tavern
Ranked #1 of 22 Shopping in Charlottesville
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic tavern (ca. 1784) originally located on Patrick Henry's land. Living-history tours are conducted on the grounds of its current location near route Va 20.
Madison, Tennessee
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Michie Tavern Fried Chicken”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Recently my wife and I visited MontcelIo and someone suggested we dine at Michie's Tavern on the way out. We did and I am so glad we did. I am a good old boy from Mississippi and I have eaten lots and lots of fried chicken. I will say the best fried chicken I have ever eaten was at Michie's Tavern. The very Best, period. Now, the meal was a little pricey but the fried chicken was worth the money we spent. The service was great. I do have to say the veggies we could choose from were, at best OK but the chicken, was remarkable. I highly recommend all the chicken lovers to eat here

Visited November 2012

Stafford, Virginia
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am not a big fan of buffets but we always enjoy coming to Michie tavern when we have guests. They only serve one main entree (Chicken) but they do it well. The place has a nice charm about it as well.

Visited December 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Quaint”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Classic historical place. The fare is just good- chicken, salad, - Staff wears costumes to make you think more about the peion. I'd suggest taking the tour, especially the gift shop; skip the meal.

Visited September 2012
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fried Chicken Heaven”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is the location to go if you love good southern food! While I am never a fan of adults dressing up in period clothing, this I can tolerate as the food is amazing.

Visited December 2012
Camarillo, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Michie Tavern Lunch.”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Had lunch at Michie Tavern enroute to Monticello. Limited menu. Cafeteria line for pulled pork, fried chicken or grilled chicken and assorted vegetables. Seemed a bit pricey especially since the drinks were extra ($3.00 each) so you must plan to spend $20.00 per adult. Servers will come to you to bring seconds or thirds. We were fine with just the firsts and no dessert.
The on line menu says, try one of our desserts like peach cobbler, however, the on line menu fails to mention the dessert is extra too.
The building has dark little dining areas. The front room by the door can get cool since the door opens frequently. There is an enclosed dining porch area that is bright. The serving staff was very friendly.

Visited November 2012