“Gorgeous cupcakes that taste terrible!”
Review of Cappellino's Crazy Cakes - CLOSED

Cappellino's Crazy Cakes
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Somerset, Virginia
“Gorgeous cupcakes that taste terrible!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

If you like pretty cupcakes but don't care how they taste this is the place! I live locally and heard about this place so I decided to give it a try. I was hoping that they would taste like Georgetown cupcakes considering the fact they cost more but boy was I wrong! The cupcakes taste very dry. Tasted as if I were eating a ball of flour. The sugar flowers tasted horrible as well. I will say that the coconut cupcakes actually tasted really good! The red velvets tasted the worst. I even gave my son one to eat and he spit it out! I also purchased some chocolate chip and walnut cookies there as well and they were delicious! This place should just stick to selling cookies and I guess if I want delicious cupcakes I'll just have to drive to D.C. to get them. I spent $60 on cupcakes that were a big disappointment. Hate to say this but Walmart cupcakes taste and cost better than these cupcakes!

1 Thank Jessicalicious3

Leesville, South Carolina
“cupcakes, cakes and treats with love”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Dottie and Frank are brothers and sisters who love to make people happy by baking them goodies. I have read so much about them in the papers and seen Dottie on TV several times. They had a national story on all the stations a few years back because expecting mothers have their labor induced by eating the lemon curd cupcakes. Anyway..search it and check it out. It's very interesting. I had them make me some cupcakes for a work meeting and every person that ate a cupcake said they are going to get some any time they are in Charlottesville. It's in a great location just barely off the Downtown Mall. They are pet friendly too.

• Visited May 2013