“Best hotel in Charlottesville”

Hyatt Place Charlottesville
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My first stay at the new Hyatt in Charlottesville and I now have a new favorite hotel to stay at each time I'm back in town for business. Nice large King Room with a great modern look. Very impressed with the bedding, pillows, and furniture. The bathroom was clean and modern with a walk in shower. Coffee maker, fridge, and nice sitting area with a comfortable couch. The large fitness center had the new high end LifeFitness cardio equipment with a heavy duty weight bench and free weights up to 50lbs. This is one of the better fitness centers I've used at all of the hotels I've stayed at. Breakfast was excellent with lots of choices. Was able to book a room midweek for less than $100 with my AAA discount. You will not be disappointed with this hotel.

Room Tip: My 3rd floor room was very quiet.
1  Thank David A
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Hello David A,
Thank you for sharing information on some of our hotel features. One thing I like about our fitness room is that there is actually enough floor space to stretch. I know when I travel, often I have to stretch in the room prior to working out. Please e-mail me directly with your business information. I would like to make sure we are able to host you on each business trip.
kico.hedrick@hyatt.com

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Pros:

1. New, clean and in a very nice location
2. Convenient shopping, eateries and entertainment
3. Nice staff and all the amenities you are accustomed to at a Hyatt Place

Cons:
None to mention. It was only an overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hello Twills600,
1) Thanks for the review.
2) We enjoyed the quick and to the point format of your comments.
3) Hopefully the next time you are through Charlottesville we will see you again.

Travel Safe.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We live in Charlottesville and wanted a night out so we used our Hyatt points for a night at the brand new Hyatt Place.
The first cool thing was we drove my electric Nisson Leaf and were able to charge it over night at the hotel charing station. This is the first place I have been that had a car charger.
The next thing it is right next to the Stonefield shopping center. So it is next door to the new Regal Cinema and several great restaurants.
The hotel is brand new and nice. The staff was very friendly at check in and during our stay. We had an end room on the 5th floor. These rooms are a bit larger and square. Also very quiet.
I always like the Hyatt place cafe as it is great place to get a glass of wine before dinner or some dessert afterwards. This was no exception.
We had dinner and some drinks at Travinia, (all while the car was at the charger), came back to the room, had a snack and watched a movie from my iPad hooked up to the TV. Overall a great night.

Room Tip: The end rooms are larger and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi JackfromCville,
It is always an honor to have local C'Villians stay at our property. We are actually proud to be the only hotel in Charlottesville boasting car charging stations, thank you for sharing this with everyone. Travania's (just across the street) is becoming a favorite of the Hyatt Place guests. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We went to Charlottesville for the weekend with our 3 kids in tow. The room was one of the most spacious we have ever stayed in. 2 queens plus an L-shaped couch that folds out into 3rd queen bed!!!!!! They said all the rooms have this. Beds are super comfy to. Bathroom is very spacious and well designed and decorated. Room is modern, clean and even has a large wardrobe, dresser, mini fridge and desk. Your stay includes a free breakfast in the morning: Starbucks coffee, muffins, bagels, toast, donuts, eggs with chopped up bacon, regular eggs, biscuits and gravy, French toast, yogurt, cottage cheese, fresh fruit, 6 cereals, OJ, juices, milk, etc. wonderful spread. Saved us about $50 for a family of 5 that this was included in our stay. I can't say enough how impressed we were. Very cool shopping area and IMAX theater within a 3 minute walk. Loved everything about it!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Acforrest
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hi Acforrest,
We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am happy the kids enjoyed their stay. Adjacent to the hotel and theatre is a large grassy park like area, this will be a great place for the kids to stretch their legs in the warmer months. Safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Two hotels, two weeks, two good reviews. I must be getting soft in my old age. My husband and I usually stay at The Boar's Head on our frequent business trips to Charlottesville. This time we brought our elderly Labrador with us. The Boar's Head does not accept dogs, so we shopped around and found that Hyatt Place did. We booked a King Suite...room 604...it was huge...large bathroom, fully equipped kitchenette, bedroom and living area...like an apartment. The hotel is just a year or two old, and everything is ship shape, and it has everything a traveler needs. Free internet access. A place to print boarding passes and map quest directions. A small but serviceable fitness center. A nice warm indoor pool. A 24/7 food cafe. Plenty of free parking. A very reasonable rate for the accommodations. Above all, a really great location. We walked to dinner at an Italian restaurant (Trevinia) in the Stonefields shopping center, where we sat around a blazing fire pit outside with a glass of wine. In all, our brief visit to this hotel was delightful. Even our Lab liked it...there is plenty of grassy area outside for him to enjoy. Warning: They only take dogs under 50 pounds, which we did not notice on the hotel's website. Fortunately, they relaxed the rule for us just this once, which guarantees that we will be loyal guests in the future when we don't have this big guy with us. Thank you to management for this kindness--and for doing such a good job managing this excellent hotel. We will be back.

Hi Lucinda,
I had the opportunity to meet you and your husband while you were checking in. It was a pleasure to speak with you and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope to see the three of you in the near future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were visiting the University of Virginia as part of college tour trip. This was a great stay. The location is a little bit away from the grounds but has lots to offer. The location is not right on the main road but set back. It is a area with a very new street of shops and restaurants all within walking distance (not on a major road either). Also with walking distance is a new 14 theater stadium seating multiplex with IMAX. This was great for the somewhat bored non-college bound members of our family.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave_from_Horseheads
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Hello Dave,
Thank you for staying with us. Hopefully your college bound student will choose UVA and we will have the chance to host you over the next four years. Best of luck, and thank you for taking the time out of your day to offer a review of our hotel.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have stayed in Hyatt Place twice now while in Charlottesville for work and overall I think it is the best value of any of the hotels in Charlottesville which are centrally located and under $140/night. The rooms are well laid out with a very nice sitting area adjacent to the sleeping area, refrigerator, nice TV, etc. The hotel is new so everything is clean and in great shape.
The location is super convenient, the wireless is free and the hot breakfast is outstanding. In fact, that is worth an extra mention because it is the only Charlottesville hotel I have stayed in over the last five years where I have no complaints at all. The coffee is GOOD (always key), the three hot skillet options always have at least one option that sits just right, and the breakfast area is always immaculate and well stocked. Overall I am very happy with this hotel and it is my default choice when travelling to Charlottesville these days. Also, just as a side note, the first time I stayed here (in November) I had to call the front desk for reservations so that I could book essentially the government rate to keep the daily rate under what UVa sets as a maximum, but the front desk staff was accommodating and helped me do this. The second time I stayed for a week in February, the rate was already below the UVa guidelines, so no special reservations were needed.

1  Thank Christina J
Kico H, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Hello Christina,
I am happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice in Charlottesville. Please e-mail me directly so that we can discuss your business travel further.
kico.hedrick@hyatt.com