“Below Expectations 👎”

Add it.
Shum Xing Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #449 of 623 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Looking for something different for lunch I stumbled on this establishment. I ordered the Pepper Steak since it’s generally always a good choice. Not this time. The beef was so tough it was uneatable. Although it’s a walk-up order counter I did eat inside at one of their tables. The lady who took my order received a personal phone call and I suffered through her loud 20 minute annoying phone conversation in Chinese. Very unkept and unclean. During the 30 minutes I was there no other customer came in or called. Although they probably could not get through anyway since she was on the phone.. I will be staying away from here in the future and recommend anyone reading this review to do the same. Go to Michaels Diner across the street!

Reviewed April 3, 2016

Just about exactly what I expected. Called in our order and it was ready as promised. The sesame chicken dinner was good. Nice that fried rice was served at no extra charge instead of plain white rice.

Reviewed March 11, 2016

I hadn't been to this place in years, and I don't feel I missed much. Stopped in for some carry out lunch and the service was just as I'd recalled--not very friendly. I wonder how business is going for them. The buffet table had a "for sale" sign on it, and when I took out my credit card, they asked me to pay in cash. The food was OK for the price--did the job, but not a place I long to go back to.

Reviewed December 15, 2015

I hate giving a bad review, but...

The restaurant is not kept well. We dined in and I had a great time eating with my friends, but I do not want to go back unless they make some changes.

There are many other nearby Chinese restaurants that provide tastier Chinese food and in a cleaner setting.

Sorry!

Reviewed August 31, 2015

This place seems to things differently like most Chinese Rest. in the Cville area...I have yet to find a decent authentic Chinese Rest. here in Cville. Very Strange & disappointing. Their sauces are off & so is everything else...including sweet & sour pork, Egg Foo Young...I can't really recommend anything based on my orders here.