“Fun lunch spot”
Review of Take It Away

Take It Away
Ranked #111 of 606 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Nice little sandwich shop with lots of choices. A little confusing when you first walk in; you order first and then can choose from a huge selection of chips and drinks, find a seat and then wait. You pay for everything at the counter when they call your name and your sandwich is ready. Indoor dining and a few tables out on the street.
Make sure to get their special dressing/sauce on your sandwich.

Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

Very friendly service, delicious fresh food (I had a sub and soup and a sofa.). Cost was $12 and worth every penny. Not much seating but it was empty when we were there. Will definitely go again.....

Reviewed October 14, 2016

Child number four and I popped in this week for a sandwich before her afternoon test. It was really good. A nice young woman immediately took our order, and it was ready in a few minutes. We sat outside at a table in the warm Charlottesville sun. My daughter's sandwich was good, and mine was also tasty. It had real Virginia ham: salty, slightly chewy, and delicious.
I have been in Charlottesville countless times in my life, and I somehow had never visited Take it Away. I told the nice young man at the counter that I did not think it was there when I attended the University. Not wanting to hurt my feelings, he gently mentioned that it had been there for 24 years. Ah, yes. Elliewood was still a dirt path in my day.
I will definitely come again.

Reviewed October 5, 2016

have been going here for years and sandwiches are consistently delicious, their cookies are awesome as well. Great for catering (recommend for graduation parties, meetings etc). The dressing is perfection.
It's somehow linked to or modeled after the Cheese Shop in Williamsburg--same sandwich style and same dressing. But glad we've got it here in Cville!

Reviewed September 15, 2016

limited menu but very tasty and cheap as a 2 dollar steak! Yummy sandwiches that won't break the bank!