“You can eat it & take it away”
Review of Take It Away

Take It Away
Ranked #111 of 607 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great sandwiches, chips, drinks ... all at great prices. Place was packed at lunch. Friendly ladies at the counter, sandwiches are made to order. Even something for vegetarians. Quick and good!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Ate two lunches at Take it Away - both were great. The shop was packed on Saturday during reunions weekend attesting to the fact that it is good and has been for quite a while. Sandwiches are made to order and delicious. Warning: There are only a few tables inside and some more across the street. Of course, that may be why it's named "Take it Away." Would be happy to return on our next visit to Charlottesville.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Although the take out sandwich fare is meat heavy, there are some excellent vegetarian options. Today I tried their lentil sandwich (I pulled off the unidentified and unadvertised cheese) on whole wheat and a (plentiful) cup of excellent gazpacho. It was sunny out, there was a seat across the street in their added seating area. What a day! I'd recommend this place--although it's not a place that you'd go on a first date: good food and speedy service. Another reason to be happy to be in C'ville.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I have gotten sandwiches there for years, but I have to say that I have reduced my visits significantly due to the lack of warm customer service. Some employees are nice, and others are not, and sometimes the sandwich just isn't worth going through that. I found another sandwich shop I like just as much or more, and they are super friendly and fast....

The sandwich itself can be very good, but quite honestly it is very inconsistent. Sometimes the bread is so delicious. Other times it is hard and chewy/not fresh. Sometimes they give you a lot of topping in your sandwich, sometimes they give you hardly any. The dressing is good, but even that isn't consistent...there were a few months where it clearly tasted differently, and then it returned to its normal flavor.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I can not say enough good things about Take It Away. It's a hidden gem that I discovered when I was in college at UVA, but that I continue to visit now that I live in Charlottesville. Tucked away on the Corner, it has a great deal of college-town charm. It's also the perfect cure for a healthy sandwich with a twist. At first, one might think that not having lettuce and tomatoes available is strange, but let me tell you, there sprouts and cucumber topping combo wont' let you down.

I highly recommend anyone traveling through town take a stop. The only downside is, the secret is getting out, so you may have to wait in a line.