“Awesome Beer Selection”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were surprised to learn of this place from a friend and realized it was located in the same building as a previous restaurant. The beer selection is amazing, even though I don't really like beer, my husband loves good beer. So many to select from on tap and then the coolers had so many more. The food we had was quite good. I had the fish taco with mixed greens as a side. The taco was one of the best I have had and the next time I order this, I will ask for more dressing on the greens. My husband ordered the pork barbecue sliders and he was pleased with his choice as well. We will return.

There are newer reviews for Sedona Taphouse

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Yu go here for the choice of beers which were outstanding. Unfortunately service was slow and when food did arrive it was average

Reviewed August 16, 2013

At the behest of our daughter, we made our first visit (and her third) to the site of the former Sloans/Millmont Grille that has now morphed into the Sedona Taphouse. And if you like beer, you will definitely love this place. As noted, there are 50 beers on tap and countless others available by the bottle (or can). The beer menu alone would provide a full evening of reading and exceeds the size of the food menu by a large margin.

The service was very efficient and friendly, the décor is much improved, and the total size has been reduced and is no longer cavernous. The menu is a bit on the precious side (a good burger would not be amiss), but we did enjoy what we ordered. I had a shrimp, crab and avocado sandwich on an excellent bread, with a side of caprese, my husband the steakhouse salad (salad with well-prepared flat iron steak strips) and our daughter the crab flatbread starter. We ate every bite and enjoyed it very much.

The German beer my husband had was excellent, and the server poured it to perfection.

We will definitely be making a return visit.

1  Thank MadArchaeo
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've been here for lunch twice since it opened. The $5 steak special on Monday is a good deal - mine was well prepared. The second time I had fish tacos which were also very nicely done. Nice decor and friendly staff. Room for improvement, though: the soup of the day comes in the tiniest of tiny cups, and was not especially hot. Also, as another reviewer commented - the menu is a little too specialized and could use some "regular" options such as standard sandwiches. Portions are moderate, but that's probably a good thing if you're tanking up on beer!

1  Thank Vilkas68
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Sedona Taphouse is located in the old Millmont Grille/Sloans location on Millmont Street behind the Barrack's road Shopping center. They've completely renovated the restaurant and done an outstanding job of setting the tone of an upscale taphouse / restaurant. HUGE selection of beers both on tap and in bottles! A lot of local brews served up by a hard working staff. The food is very good but a bit pricy for C'ville standards in this class. They get big points for atmosphere and service. The background music is just that, loud enough to hear without overpowering the conversation. This has always been a great location and the remodel was perfectly executed. Lots of parking. Close to the UVa. Law School, Business School and the JAG School. It's convenient to the west end of town and the 29 bypass. The Taphouse would be high on my list for drinks with friends in the evening.
We had a table outside and enjoyed the weather but the interior looks inviting as well. The patio has a fire pit and connects to the bar via a large roll-up door. This is not a sophomoric college bar packed with 20 something year old idiots and throbbing base; this is a upscale bar where you can still wear blue jeans and a tee shirt. The Taphouse is on the right path to become one Charlottesville's best gathering places.

1  Thank CaptMancuso