“Great Time!”

Boar's Head Ballooning - Private Flights
More attraction details
Owner description: Hot air ballooning over the historic city of Charlottesville, Virginia. From the sky you will view The Blue Ridge Mountain, Shenandoah Valley, Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and The University of Virginia.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband surprised me with a hot air balloon ride for our tenth wedding anniversary. We had a great time! The pilot, Rick, was very experienced and knowledgeable. He made us feel comfortable and at ease. I was never worried or nervous about the flight. We had a beautiful morning and the flight went perfectly. His assistant was also very nice and helpful. He took great photos, which we purchased at the end of the flight. It was a great experience and I would definitely go ballooning again!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Courtney7325

Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful experience and service”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had an amazing experience with Boar's Head Ballooning. The weather was perfect and the owner, Rick Behr, gave a group of friends and me an incredible and long trip over the Charlottesville area. Rick and everyone else working there were friendly, communicative, cool, and just fun to be around. They were fun to talk to and very understanding, and they even taught us about the ballooning process. In such a beautiful city/area, and with a great group of people at Boar's Head Ballooning, people in Charlottesville are missing out if they haven't taken a hot air balloon ride with these people yet.

Waynesboro, Virginia, United States
“New Flyer”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I recently knocked something off my bucket list and went on a hot air balloon ride with Rick, I am terrified of heights, but LOVED the entire experience. Rick is so knowledgeable about flying and so experienced that he immediately put me at ease. This was by far one of the greatest things I have ever done and can not wait to go back up. The balloon was gorgeous, and he took the time to try and get us over the river for fantastic photos of the reflection of our balloon over the water. Truly a breath-taking experience.

Reston
“One of the best days I ever had”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Rick Behr, the owner of Boar's Head ballooning went out of his way to make sure everyone in our group had a fantastic experience. So surreal. Loved it and would go back in a heartbeat!

NYC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had such a great time with Boar's Head Ballooning. Friendly, smart, and professional, and experienced staff. They even had extra jackets available for people like me who get cold! If you want to do a balloon ride while in Charlottesville, this is the place!

1 Thank Jill L