“So wonderful, but no longer”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Copacabana Brazilian International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My friends and I have had special meals alway at the Copa Cabana, however the owner chose to close the restaurant. Our food was always good, but I think it was really just a hint of Brazilian type food.

1  Thank jhhnurse65

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I ate at Copacabana several times when it was in business in Charlottesville. It varied from 3 to 4. Better news, Carmello's, an excellent Italian restaurant has re-surfaced at that location. See my recent review of Carmello's.

1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very expensive and not authentic. Maybe upon request they'll make Brazilian food, but what's on the menu is very generic 'international' foods- i.e. steak. They also have paella ( I believe that's a spanish dish), which was ok- but not worth the price.

2  Thank LatinaTraveler09
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were the only guests for lunch and had very attentive service. The salads are fresh and included in the price of the meal. Each of our entrees was flavorful and healthy sized servings. Quiet and peaceful!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Copacabana is a nice change of pace in Charlottesville featuring Brazilian/Portuguese food. Located in a shopping center, the restaurant is comfortable, well decorated and provides a pleasant dining experience. Our group of four tried shrimp and veal dishes as well as paella; all were well prepared and very tasty. The shrimp and veal were of excellent quality and the portions were quite adequate. The waitress was very pleasant and efficient and the prices were quite reasonable. All in all a good dining experience which I am happy to recommend to others.