“Great Food, Service ... Plus Romantic!”
Review of Old Mill Room

Old Mill Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Mill Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 563 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Berwick Road
Description: In 1965, Boar's Head set out to create a dining experience that celebrates innovation blended with Southern style blending culinary artistry and classic elegance. Today, culinary tradition and passion for inspired cuisine continues. Our extensive wine and brew lists pair perfectly with a range of fresh, bold flavors that change with the seasons. A 2013 Wine Spectator Award Winner. AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant for 27 years running. From classic bistro fare and grill favorites, to fine dining at the Old Mill Room Restaurant and our extravagant Sunday Brunch-a true culinary adventure awaits you at Charlottesville's Only Four-Diamond Resort. Boar's Head is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was our first time to the Boar's Head Inn restaurant. Upon our arrival, the tree trunks were adorned by small white lights which just added to the overall quaintness of the inn/restaurant. We ate in the pub, which just topped off our weekend nicely, since we headed to Charlottesville to see the autumn leaves via motorcycle. Burger and fries were outstanding, as was the salmon salad. Drinks were creative and very tasty. Will definitely be back. Had a great time, service was top notch, and food / drinks were exceptional. Definitely a gem. A+

Reviewed October 27, 2013

As always, an excellent Saturday lunch with friends - you can order from a varied menu or choose the buffet. We typically choose the buffet, which this time included 2 soups (Virginia Peanunt, Mushroom Bisque), a variety of cold salads, grilled asparagus,smoked salmon, and hot entrees (this time it was braised beef with wild mushrooms, baked salmon with lemon butter, very tender boneless chicken in a light sauce, mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes, etc.), and fresh fruit and desserts (they always have a hot homemade bread pudding, and this time also had a hot mixed berry cobbler that was excellent). The service here is always among th best in the area, and a good wine list with reasonablely priced bottles and by the glass.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was almost tempted to give an overall rating of average, however because the choices we made for entrees were very basic and other choices may have given the chef a better opportunity to show his stuff I decided the Old Mill Room deserves an overall very good rating. I ordered a filet. My wife ordered a beef short rib appetizer as her meal and we both ordered ceaser salads. The steak was tender and done properly, but quite average in flavor and presentation. The short ribs were somewhat fatty. The salads were very good. They have a nice wine list, but it is weighted too much toward high priced wines (above $100 a bottle). The dining room has a very pleasant traditional colonial decor with some nice decorating features. The service was very good. It was an enjoyable evening, but there are other fine dining choices in Charlottesville I would chose for a return dining experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I ate at the Boar's Head Inn this past Sunday for our anniversary. Food was excellent and the service went beyond professional. Doug our server not only gave us excellent service, but when my husband asked him to take our picture on our camera and the battery had died, Doug actually took our picture on his I-phone and emailed back to us. At the end of a delicious meal consisting of the salmon for myself and the pork loin for my husband, the restaurant actually brought a plate with happy anniversary written in chocolate but also surprised us with two glasses of pink champagne. Service went above and beyond w hat we expected and look forward to the next opportunity to go back to the Boars Head.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We enjoy our occasional lunches at the Old Mill Room. The service is always pleasant, polite and discreet. The food is good, even if not excellent, and certainly very pleasing for business and family lunches. We have always enjoyed the lunch buffet. There is a fine selection of first courses, including at least two soups, salads and many extra options to choose from, and a good selection of main courses. I had the lemon chicken in a creamy sauce which was exquisite. Desserts? Although I really shouldn't be indulging, I'm glad I did! The mixed fruit crumble with custard was heavenly. So are the small chocolate cakes and the daily creme brulee. Of course we'll be back. The Old Mill Room has become a delightful part of our lives. It gives me pleasure to just walk in the door.

1  Thank Enjoysgoodfood21