“Can't get excited”
Review of Old Mill Room

Old Mill Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Mill Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 545 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Berwick Road
Description: In 1965, Boar's Head set out to create a dining experience that celebrates innovation blended with Southern style blending culinary artistry and classic elegance. Today, culinary tradition and passion for inspired cuisine continues. Our extensive wine and brew lists pair perfectly with a range of fresh, bold flavors that change with the seasons. A 2013 Wine Spectator Award Winner. AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant for 27 years running. From classic bistro fare and grill favorites, to fine dining at the Old Mill Room Restaurant and our extravagant Sunday Brunch-a true culinary adventure awaits you at Charlottesville's Only Four-Diamond Resort. Boar's Head is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week.
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“Can't get excited”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was almost tempted to give an overall rating of average, however because the choices we made for entrees were very basic and other choices may have given the chef a better opportunity to show his stuff I decided the Old Mill Room deserves an overall very good rating. I ordered a filet. My wife ordered a beef short rib appetizer as her meal and we both ordered ceaser salads. The steak was tender and done properly, but quite average in flavor and presentation. The short ribs were somewhat fatty. The salads were very good. They have a nice wine list, but it is weighted too much toward high priced wines (above $100 a bottle). The dining room has a very pleasant traditional colonial decor with some nice decorating features. The service was very good. It was an enjoyable evening, but there are other fine dining choices in Charlottesville I would chose for a return dining experience.

York PA
“Superb customer service”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I ate at the Boar's Head Inn this past Sunday for our anniversary. Food was excellent and the service went beyond professional. Doug our server not only gave us excellent service, but when my husband asked him to take our picture on our camera and the battery had died, Doug actually took our picture on his I-phone and emailed back to us. At the end of a delicious meal consisting of the salmon for myself and the pork loin for my husband, the restaurant actually brought a plate with happy anniversary written in chocolate but also surprised us with two glasses of pink champagne. Service went above and beyond w hat we expected and look forward to the next opportunity to go back to the Boars Head.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Still excellent”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We enjoy our occasional lunches at the Old Mill Room. The service is always pleasant, polite and discreet. The food is good, even if not excellent, and certainly very pleasing for business and family lunches. We have always enjoyed the lunch buffet. There is a fine selection of first courses, including at least two soups, salads and many extra options to choose from, and a good selection of main courses. I had the lemon chicken in a creamy sauce which was exquisite. Desserts? Although I really shouldn't be indulging, I'm glad I did! The mixed fruit crumble with custard was heavenly. So are the small chocolate cakes and the daily creme brulee. Of course we'll be back. The Old Mill Room has become a delightful part of our lives. It gives me pleasure to just walk in the door.

1 Thank Enjoysgoodfood21
Virginia
“Nice, but....”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The food was very good, but having the dining room open lends itself to not having the nicest ambiance. It would be nice if it was little more cozy since the rest Boars Head facility give you that feel.

Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
“Sublime”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our dinner at Boar's Head Inn last week was a highlight of our trip to Charlottesville. The dining room is elegant, the service professional, and the food sublime. The restaurant is Four Diamond and it is well deserved.

My appetizer was the five spices roasted duck breast and my entree was poached trout. Everything was exquisitely prepared and presented. I look forward to returning to the Boar's Head Inn.

• Visited September 2013