“Superb Easter Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Mill Room

Old Mill Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Mill Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 540 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Berwick Road
Description: In 1965, Boar's Head set out to create a dining experience that celebrates innovation blended with Southern style blending culinary artistry and classic elegance. Today, culinary tradition and passion for inspired cuisine continues. Our extensive wine and brew lists pair perfectly with a range of fresh, bold flavors that change with the seasons. A 2013 Wine Spectator Award Winner. AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant for 27 years running. From classic bistro fare and grill favorites, to fine dining at the Old Mill Room Restaurant and our extravagant Sunday Brunch-a true culinary adventure awaits you at Charlottesville's Only Four-Diamond Resort. Boar's Head is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week.
Ivy, Virginia
“Superb Easter Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a wonderful Easter Sunday Brunch! The Old Mill Room is renowned for the quality, variety, and service at their special occasion brunches, and this was better than ever. From perfectly fresh, raw Chesapeake oysters to cooked jumbo shrimp, crab claws, a wide variety of salads and cheeses, smoked salmon, scallops, and mussels, to preparing omelets and waffles to order, they added fantastic prime rib and leg of lamb, and baked ham. Desserts – too many to mention, most excellent (through the “Virginia Trifle” was non-descript). As always, this experienced and professional wait staff is among the best in Virginia.

High Point, North Carolina
“brunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

good for all meals, but sunday brunch is fantastic. don't miss it if you're staying here. despite all the great cville restaurants, go light saturday night so you can go nuts here with a somewhat clear conscience.

Visited September 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Excellent Service and Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant had OUTSTANDING service and very good food. The menu may not suit very picky eaters but you can review this prior to going inside. All the food was GREAT! I do not know what options are available for kids as there was nothing listed on the menu so you may want to check with them prior to venturing out if you have children. I had the petite salad ($10) and a beef cut with purple potatoes (and other items which I did not eat, including the potatoes. I am one of those picky eaters.) The beef was cooked just right (as ordered.) They allowed me to substitute the menu item of "sour cream ice cream" to instead have vanilla ice cream with my brownie. It was wonderful. And, again, I can't say enough about the service! This is true in all aspects of the restaurant and hotel!

Annapolis, Maryland
“Sunday Breakfast Buffet with Great Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We wanted a nice breakfast before heading home from our weekend getaway. We chose the Old Mill Room thanks to Trip Advisor. I was surprised that Old Mill Room offers breakfast buffet as well as Sunday Brunch. That's a great thing. We would have preferred the Sunday Brunch but we just didn't have time to leave town that late.

The Old Mill Room has a wonderful, historic ambiance. It is beautifully decorated with huge live orchid arrangements, and fresh roses on each table. Very nice. The buffet area itself was very clean and well tended.

My husband ordered the buffet and once he tried the smoked salmon, that's pretty much what he kept eating. He mentioned multiple times how delicious it was. He also had a large omelette, grits, huge red strawberries, etc. For me, I'm really particular about eggs . . and bacon, so I ordered off the breakfast menu instead asking for my peculiar preparation requests. I was so pleased when my breakfast was delivered to the table just as it was ordered! I love that! We also enjoyed tasty orange juice, coffee, and an assortment of fruit jams and some honey.

Our waitress was very attentive and polite and showed real interest in whether we were enjoying our meal. The opportunity to order from a breakfast menu, breakfast buffet or Sunday Brunch is fantastic, and something I've never encountered before. We would definitely return here for a meal, and perhaps even an overnight stay - the grounds are beautiful!

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Accommodating & Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went to the Old Mill Room as part of Charlottesville Restaurant Week, and it was such a wonderful experience! The service was attentive and friendly, and when we were running late the hostess was able to push back our reservation with no problem. The food was delicious-- I could have had the Roasted Butternut Squash Bisque for every course and been satisfied, it was so good. Not to mention the comfortable seats made it difficult to leave. :) I highly recommend the Old Mill Room to others.

• Visited January 2013