“Breakfast buffet”
Review of Old Mill Room

Old Mill Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Mill Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 563 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Berwick Road
Description: In 1965, Boar's Head set out to create a dining experience that celebrates innovation blended with Southern style blending culinary artistry and classic elegance. Today, culinary tradition and passion for inspired cuisine continues. Our extensive wine and brew lists pair perfectly with a range of fresh, bold flavors that change with the seasons. A 2013 Wine Spectator Award Winner. AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant for 27 years running. From classic bistro fare and grill favorites, to fine dining at the Old Mill Room Restaurant and our extravagant Sunday Brunch-a true culinary adventure awaits you at Charlottesville's Only Four-Diamond Resort. Boar's Head is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Excellent - The Old Mill Room is a lovely dining room with gorgeous Christmas decor. Nice ambience and attentive waiters.

1  Thank KnowsWhatSheLikes

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I recently met my college roommate for lunch at the Old Mill Room, at the Boar's Head Inn in Charlottesville, and it was excellent as always. She was in town for a business meeting and we arranged to meet at one of my favorite places.

Although we both graduated from UVa, she had never eaten at the Boar's Head Inn, so I was pleased that I could share her first visit. It did not disappoint. In making the reservation, I requested the porch room, which is my favorite. It is bright and sunny, with lots of windows overlooking the lake. It is most inviting.

When I arrived, I was greeted by name, even though it had been a while since I had eaten there. And during the meal, the wait staff recognized me by acknowledging my temporary absence. They always make us feel so welcome.

We both ordered the buffet, which was delicious; we went back several times for more--:). I particularly enjoyed the squash soup and the potato salad. And the dessert with the creme anglais was divine.

As a transplanted Charlottesvillian, I always enjoy bringing out-of-town guests to the Inn, as I know it will never disappoint. It is always a pleasure to go to the Boar's Head Inn.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We sometimes eat lunch here, and it is usually good, but not the very high quality it use to be. This time we tried Thanksgiving with friends, which was $70. per person with tax (not including tip), and not worth it. The roasted turkey, dressing, and gravy had no flavor, and the turkey itself was the strangest looking thing we have ever seen - it was boneless except for the legs, and was so huge and flat it was not appetizing. No green vegetables except salad. Excellent sweet potatoes once you got past the oatmeal on top. There is still a really good, experienced wait staff, and they did a great job. We're told there have been lots of management changes and new chefs. You can get better food for the same pr\ice or lower elsewhere.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I went to dinner there, arriving at 7:30pm; when I left at 10:30pm, three hours later, all I had eaten was a romaine salad and a $33 main platter piece of halibut, about 1 inch by 4 inches. I am quite fit an trim and do not require more than the average platter. Service was unbelievably slow, yet they included 18% service on the bill; for what? Soon after I sat down, a waitress opened a window right behind me to satisfy other people who were warm, which meant that I was subjected to a strong constant blast of cold air in my back during all of those three hours. Three hours for a two course meal??? Shame on them.

2  Thank DCTravelerG
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a great meal at the Old Mill. Lamb was cooked as ordered with wonderful seasoning paired with great sides. Filet mignon was flavorful, perfect medium rare and crusty and equally well paired with purple potatoes and peruvian sauces. It is normal smart casual dress contrary to some reports of more formality.