“Great Chinese Food in Charlottesville”
Review of Dragon Lady Restaurant - CLOSED

Dragon Lady Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great Chinese Food in Charlottesville”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Usually get takeout from Dragon Lady, but have also ate-in a few times. Either way, great Chinese food.

Visited March 2013

Charlottesville, Virginia
“You deserve better”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

It has been awhile since I have been here buy my have they changed. They had maybe 5 customers and I waited for awhile to be seated. Then it took another 15 minutes for someone to take my drink order. Lunch menu didn't have a lot to choose from. Don't bother ordering soup. They have the smallest bowls I have seen in any Chinese restaurant I've been to. Hot & sour soup is not that good. When the food finally arrived it was about your average lunch serving and was decent. When checkout time came I walked up to the bar area to pay and waited 10 minutes to pay. They was a sign there stating they charge .50 if charge is under $10.00. I asked if this was new and he said all the restaurants around this area do that. I eat out quite a bit and I have never seen this at any place I have been.
After my overall experience I will not be back nor would I recommend.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank pop98
Westport, Connecticut
“Pleasant suprise”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were looking for dinner and stumbled in.

Food good (steamed dumplings were too doughy); excellent service (I think the owner's son was moonlighting as a waiter); reasonable prices. What more could we ask?

As we were sitting an eating, I noticed a number of diners come in and warmly greet the owner. Return, happy customers are a good sign. As total strangers, my wife and I felt welcomed.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank IgFlitz
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“convenient location”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I live near UVa and don't have a car. I must have Chinese food twice a week and Dragon Lady was the only walking distant Chinese restaurant in sight! they have fast take out service, friendly owner and staff...I just keep going back twice a week for about two years now! if you have the chance to stop by, then you must try their crispy beef! their General Tsao's and sesame chicken are very crispy as well! if you're tired of the soggy stuff that most new places put up...then go to Dragon Lady and get it crispy and fresh!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank revwmstr
Singapore, Singapore
“Order Off the Menu”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

In any chinese restaurants in the USA, try asking for either a chinese language only menu or something not even on the menu if you want authenticity. A good chinese chef and restaurant would be able to prepare something close to the authentic chinese food (at least for themselve) other than those on the standard menu.

Asked and was recommended the beef soup rice noddle which was quite a satisfying one though nothing extraordinary. Also had the fried shredded pork with beancurd. The portion is quite big for one person.The good thing here is they are willing to do something different for you if you ask for it.

• Visited April 2012