“Good food & service”

Dining options: Breakfast
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Good food & service”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My Husband & I had dinner here and enjoyed it. The onion rings, pizza & baked ziti were good. The service was good as well. They do have some greek food on the menu, sandwiches, burger etc. It's a local business and worth trying. It's clean and one of the few restaurants where you get waited on in the pantops area. They also serve breakfast all day.

• Visited July 2014

Lewisburg, PA
“first time treated rudely here - lone diners not welcome”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My family and I pass through Charlottesville on a regular basis and have eaten at this restaurant regularly for the past few years after it was recommended by a local person. This time I was on my own. I was greeted very rudely by a lady, possibly an owner, who asked me how many there would be. I told her only one. She seemed annoyed and directed me to a small table. I asked if I could sit at an unoccupied both in the corner. This seemed to set her off and she told me that the booths are only for 2 or 4 or more apparently meaning a party larger than one. In past years I was never told this even when I was alone. I tried to question this and was again treated badly. I sat down an a rather curt waitress asked me what I wanted to drink. I asked her to give me a minute. Before she returned I decided after such rude treatment that I would rather go elsewhere. When the waitress returned I told her this and I left. Apparently this establishment is not friendly to the single diner. I was alone this time but I don't think I will return with my family again. It really wasn't the table issue so much as the rudeness of the lady which really took me by surprise.

• Visited July 2014
Forest, Virginia
“Food was good. Service was not”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The breakfast food was good and came in decent portions. The servers were overworked and could not keep up. We waited forever to get our check and pay.

• Visited February 2014
Scottsville, Virginia
“Try the Souvlaki”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is the type of place where they make you feel like you are at home. The food is delicious and the price can't be beat. The wait staff and owners treat everyone, a regular or not, like family. We always get the chicken or pork souvlaki platter with double salad. It never disappoints. We often take my husband's grandmother here after appointments and she tends towards the more familiar daily specials. She enjoys them all tremendously. We also highly recommend the fish on Fridays, and for breakfast don't miss out on the pancakes.

• Visited May 2014
Thank Special Agent M... T
“pleasant surprise”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

As a fan of Greek food, I can say that their souvlaki truly is first rate -- and you can put together a fairly healthy meal by swapping out the fried stuff for sides of veggies, soup, or salad. We had excellent service in a friendly atmosphere. It is essentially a diner, but an exceptionally nice one; I was traveling through, but would go again if I could!

• Visited June 2014