“ok diner for VA, certainly not NJ”
Review of Tip Top Restaurant

Tip Top Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 542 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American, Greek, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marco Island, Florida
“ok diner for VA, certainly not NJ”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

we were driving through charlottesville and were hungry for breakfast. looking for a panera but saw this place first. a typical greek place and the food was ok, not horrible as the previous reviewer said, not great by jersey diner standards. what saved the day was the waitress who was very friendly and kept our coffee cups full. look, it's eggs and sausage and toast... how far wrong can you go. we ate and were satisfied. the place was packed so i guess virginians like it. for me, give me a jeresy diner any day of the week.

• Visited September 2013

Texas
“If I could give this less than 1 star I would”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Four of us went to try this restaurant on a Monday night. I ordered Harveys spagetti it was the nastiest sauce I've ever had. I'd equate it to less than a frozen dinner. I sent it back and ordered the falafel which tasted like a combination of salt and cinnamon. The taste actually made me vomit. Another one of our party commented on how horrible her burger was as well. I sent it back and went to pay and noticed the check still had the meals on it I sent back. When I showed the cashier the ticket and let them know I sent the two dishes back he got a nasty attitude with me telling me he was not ok with crediting those dishes. I went on to explain to him how the taste made me physically ill. I even suggested he ask our waiter about me not eating the dishes. He just continued to give me attitude but finally took the meal off. This was hands down the worst customer service I've ever recieved. Between the waiters lack of concern and the cashiers ruderudeness I will NEVER return to this place.

• Visited August 2013
Hyattsville
“Everything is good”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This restaurant is a local favorite and there is a reason. From sandwiches to Italian dinners to Greek specialties the food was delicious. No one was disappointed in their meal and there were 30 of us.

Visited June 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Just folks style restaurant”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Located at the top of Pantops on the outskirts of Charlottesville duner offers good wholesome food at reasonable prices. Specials every day- my favorites are the fried fish. Probably has the best crab cakes in Charlottesville, but you never know if they are on the lunch menu- try Tuesday or Wednesday. Great view of the Blue Ridge while you dine with locals. Among my "favorite" lunch spots in Charlottesville. Don't be upset if wait staff is a bit slower at lunch time. They are busy. The owner will come out to get you seats!

• Visited May 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Classic Family Restaurant”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Good food, friendly atmosphere. Takes you back to the 1950's. It's a good place for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Visited March 2013