“Good fresh food at reasonable prices”

Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #171 of 553 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Good fresh food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Hadn't been in years and it was a very pleasant surprise. Guacamole was very good and I had the enchiladas suizas which were filled with white meat chicken that was moist and tender. We were with a large party of ten and everyone enjoyed their meals. Large portions - plan to take some home. Also great drink menu including one in a pineapple that one of our guests ordered.

Visited July 2014

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great Grilled Mesquite Chicken Quesadillas!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Beautiful bright colors inside. Love the queso dip for an appetizer. My favorite is the grilled mesquite chicken quesadilla, so yummy. Even the kids chicken fingers and French fries were surprisingly crunchy and tasty. We definitely get filled up when our family goes there. We will always go back for more!

• Visited March 2014
Bent mountain, VA
“Great Place”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is another restaurant, we go out of our way to eat in, when passing by Charlottesville. The atmosphere is great. The service is great. The food is great.

Visited April 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I like Guadalajara on a number of levels.

First and foremost, the food. They serve all the Tex-Mex standards, tacos and enchiladas and chiles rellenos and such. They also do a nice job with seafood entrees, ranging from shrimp and salmon to ceviche. They’re also quick to bring out the thin, light tortilla chips with a tasty, slightly chunky salsa.

The prices are very good, what you’d expect in a casual dining establishment.

But what really brings me back over and over is the service. I’m usually flying solo on visits to Charlottesville, and get a table for one when I dine there. Guadalajara is family friendly, and packed tables are the norm there. But even though I’m alone, with a correspondingly smaller tab, I am always provided top-tier service. Some reviews here tell me there are better Mexican restaurants in Charlottesville, with better food, and I may even try one out someday. But the service and atmosphere will pretty much keep me as a loyal patron here.

• Visited February 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Delicious and cost effective!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

A lot of Mexican food tends to be greasy and runny. There food is perfect and delicious! The service is great and a perfect place to dine if you want your food fast! Have been twice in a week!

Visited January 2014