“The best Mediterranean food I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bashir's

Bashir's
Ranked #180 of 540 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Athens, Georgia
“The best Mediterranean food I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I spent last fall in Charlottesville and my one serious regret about the experience is that I only managed to eat at Bashir's once. The vegetarian medley was the best Mediterranean food I've ever had and the baklava was out of this world--and I don't normally even like baklava. It was crisp and chewy with lots of nuts and not too sweet. I'm seriously thinking about driving the 500 miles from my house to Charlottesville so I can eat here again. In the meantime, I'm going to see whether Atlanta has any restaurants to rival this one.

Charlottesville,Va and NYC
“Mediterranean cuisine at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Every item they serve is a work of art-carefully crafted and properly prepared. The humus, baba ganoush, lamb, chickedn, baklava etc. are all the real thing and wonderful.

Visited December 2013
“Tingled my taste buds!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

This family owned business catered an event I attended while in Charlottesville, VA. The food was an experience for my taste buds. Much of the food I tried I had never tried before. A very pleasant dining experience. Fresh, fabulous food with a Mediterranean flare. I hope to visit the restaurant during my next visit to Charlottesville, Va.

• Visited December 2013
Boston
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Went to Bashir's with the family for lunch, everything was delicious! I had the Mediterranean vegetable plate which was filled with delicious salads including falafel and hummus. It had about 8 different items and came with fresh pita. Even a simple shaved cabbage salad was amazingly tasty. We shared baklava and coconut flan which were both incredible. The baklava was served warm, so so good. I'll be back!

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Always good and the best dessert pastries in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here for dinner a few times over the last few years, and it is consistently good. This evening they prepared a special Brazilian dish of black beans with meat and sausage to go with the excellent live Brazilian music. It was a very tasty dish, with a little more seasoning than some of their other offerings, and I cleared the plate. As others have mentioned, the owners take care of their customers, and are frequently out in the restaurant, checking without being obtrusive.

The highlight for me are always the home cooked dessert pastries. Tonight I tried the delicious coconut flan - it was perfectly flavored and creamy. Bashir's use natural and fresh ingredients, and you can taste the difference.

I did not order coffee this evening, but can say it is normally just how coffee should be - strong and flavorful without any bitterness.