“Quick Sunday evening dinner”
Review of Sticks Kebob Shop

Sticks Kebob Shop
Ranked #171 of 553 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Stuart, Virginia
“Quick Sunday evening dinner”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great place for a quick meal. Mom had a shrimp salad. I had a shrimp kebob platter with rice and cucumber tomato salad and pita bread. I had mango lemonade and mom had lime aide. They had limited desserts.

This was a great quick meal. The cost for two was just over 20 dollars for what we had.

What made our visit was the attentiveness to my food allergies,..pork which the person taking our order called the cook by name and said pork allergy and the cook began cleaning the grill prior to cooking my food. No complaints not questions or statement "Ive never heard of a pork allergy."

The Kebob shop stayed busy while we were there. This was mostly locals and they had cards for frequent diners. This says to me locals like it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Aprice6768

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Microwaved Rice...”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place was terrible...most terrible in fact. Having lived in Charlottesville, VA, for around 5years I can only think of one or two other places that can compete for the most horrid experience in eating. I went there with a friend because she had heard good things.

Looking at their menu, I excitedly ordered a platter with Falafel, I forget which side I ordered. The falafel was bad, edible, but still bad, it had not been well made (they claim it to be a spiced chick pea, cracked wheat, and pine nut fritter...but that thing was both cold, and had not been near anyone who understands even basic seasoning principles)...Which I could forgive the falafel, because it can be hard to make it good and the price was acceptable even for the quality. However despite that, the unforgivable act that they committed was that of serving old microwaved basmati rice. In my experience, I consider Basmati rice to be the unerring king of rice, and I was thinking that a properly herbed basmati would only add another jewel in its crown...instead they dethroned the basmati; It was a hard mass of improperly cooked rice, that had been reheated in a microwave (trust me, when you cook as much rice as I do, you can tell) and had not been herbed with anything flavorful.

I was severely disappointed with this meal, and have never and will never be back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Carl T
Baltimore, Maryland
“My favorite quick bite in c'ville!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I've always loved Mediterranean food, and I've been lucky to travel and have great real Mediterranean food. That being said, sticks is one of my favorite stateside places. And! It's affordable and fast!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank leogrl6787
Sutherlin, Oregon
“Consistently Good Food!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I've been eating at Sticks Kebob Shop for years and finally decided that I should share my experiences. The food is fantastic. I've tried everything on the menu and there isn't a bad thing on there. I recently tried their fresh squeezed limeade and was very impressed. It truly is fresh squeezed with just the right amount of sweetness to compliment the tartness of the fresh lime. Their basmati rice is cooked to perfection. I only wish mine came out that way. If you prefer a vegetarian meal I would suggest the sampler of four sides. The humus is probably the tastiest I've had and their grilled veggies are flavorful and fresh. They also have a kids menu.

There are many great eating establishments in Charlottesville and Sticks Kebob Shop is definitely at the top of the list.

Bon appetit!

• Visited June 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Best Hummus!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I really like Sticks and go there often. Their food is fresh, tasty, and the hummus is awesome. My one complaint is that it's a little pricey for the portion sizes. The food is really good though, so I am okay with paying a little extra.

Visited March 2013