“Went with the family for...”

The Ivy Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ivy Road
Transit: No public transit
Description: Locally-Inspired Seasonal American Cuisine in an historic house originally built in 1789. Family owned business for 20+ years.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 5, 2009

Went with the family for Thanksgiving one year. Zach hated every minute of course!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed March 3, 2009

I recently helped to celebrate my mother's birthday at the Ivy Inn. When we arrived we were presented with personalized menus with my mother's birthday beautifully displayed across the top. Next, we were presented with a complimentary glass of Champagne. The meal was perfectly paced and every course was delicious. I was especially impressed with dessert -- creme brulee surrounded by "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate. It was the perfect finishing touch to a very special occasion.

1  Thank VAMissA
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Went here for a weekend getaway. The service was excellent and so was the food. My girlfriend thought it was a little conservative and not too exciting, but I liked my meal from start to finish. Highly recommend for dinner with parents.

1  Thank NuttyCrab
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Well prepared Virginia-syle foods - I alsways have a good meal. Excellent private rooms for parties and groups.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 10, 2008

My wife and I decided to visit Monticello for our anniversary and she booked reservations at the Ivy Inn ahead of time. She was asked over the phone if it was for a special occasion and she informed them that it would be our 1st anniversary.

When we arrived, we were seated promptly and even had our own private dining area (we were given the option of declining and being seated where there was more people but we decided to go for the privacy). Our menus had even been special-made and said "Happy Anniversary" at the top and we were given them after our orders had been placed.

The restaurant is run by a Greek gentleman (at least he had a Greek last name) and features seasonal and local cuisine. The meals started at $25 so be prepared to have a nice but expensive meal. I decided to go with trout and my wife had a nice pasta dish. We were served salads as well as mini-gourmet BLTs (goat cheese, fancy bread, apple wood bacon...). We ordered wine as well and we got a half-bottle for $18. I'm no wine expert but they brought out the wine like you see in the movies: they show you it and ask if you want to try it, etc.

We both enjoyed our meals and conversation. Things weren't rushed and we weren't constantly bothered by "can I get you anything?" which was very nice. For desert, she ordered these pastry puff things with Kahlua coffee ice cream. Extremely good. I decided to end my meal with a cheese platter, which was also excellent. Oh, and on her desert, the chef had written "Happy 1st Anniversary" in chocolate. Very nice touch. My wife in turn wrote "Thank You!" with some of the caramel glaze that was left over.

Overall, with the meal plus the tip for two, we paid over $100 but I feel that it was worth it for the experience. I don't think I could afford to eat like this all the time but for this special occasion, it was a wonderful time.

9  Thank 0RyGuy0