“I asked the chef to knock my socks off, he pretty much did”

The Ivy Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ivy Road
Transit: No public transit
Description: Locally-Inspired Seasonal American Cuisine in an historic house originally built in 1789. Family owned business for 20+ years.
Charlottesville, Virginia
“I asked the chef to knock my socks off, he pretty much did”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Tired of bizarre molecular cuisine that intrigues your mind but disappoints your palate? Tired of overly informative menus that tell you which side of the mountain your steak grazed on? Tired of buzzy restaurants where you have to shout to be heard? Come to the Ivy Inn. My husband and I split a wild mushroom appetizer drizzled with balsamic reduction that was lovely. I asked the chef to knock my socks off, and he damn near did: buttery chops from a perfectly cooked rack of baby lamb with smokin' hot merguez sausage, creamy mashed potatoes, wilted greens. Yum.
Spouse's osso buco was classic, perfectly prepared. Luxurious bread pudding. Excellent service, shockingly badly dressed clientele (hardly the restaurant's fault)! Worth every penny.

Virginia
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving Dinner 2013. Expensive for what you got. Small portion of white meat turkey, nice accoutrements with it, but for the cost not worth the experience. $14 for a glass of wine seemed excessive.

2 Thank informedtripper
“Always the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Every time I eat at Ivy Inn I am amazed. The wine list is extensive and offers something for everyone. The servers are always superb and knowledgeable. I love that you can get half-orders of the pastas so you can try a few things. The Chef uses fresh, locally sourced ingredients to create colorful and flavorful dishes. I look forward to my next visit. I have lived in NYC as well as South Africa and other countries and this is the best of the best. Really please to have this option so close to home.

• Visited May 2013
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

It had been many years since we visited The Ivy Inn, but we went recently to celebrate my wife's birthday. When I made the reservation, Angelo asked if it was a special occasion. I told him it was, and he asked for my wife's name. When we arrived, the menus were topped with "Happy Birthday, ..." Our waiter, Martin, was exceptional, bringing us unsolicited champagne for a toast, a small pistachio-centered pre-appetizer, and small blondie cookies after our meal. We each had pasta appetizers and both had the sirloin. Finished with the English toffee bread pudding and the Kahlua cream puffs. Everything was first rate - ambiance, service, food, drink. I unhesitatingly recommend The Ivy Inn, especially for a special occasion.

Savannah, Georgia
“Good - not exceptional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this place is the atmosphere. The food was good - nothing to race about. The seafood chowder had non descript seafood chopped up in it. Overall it tested more like potato chowder- the salad was again ok-Nothing spectacular - the best part if the meal was my lamb entree - a combination of three lollipop and a small gyro - both quite tasty despite the boring and safe spinach and pasta sides on the same plate - I wouldn't run back to this place other than to unwind and enjoy the cozy living room setting.

1 Thank 14tidewater